• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Michigan Divas - Ladies Night & Wax Clinic

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Brick Wheels is having their annual Ladies Night as described from their web site:
Ladie's Night
Date / Time: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Description:
Woman's Night is back this year on Nov 11th. We will have a few changes this year including waxing clinics for cross country, downhill and snowboard. Hors d'oeuvres and sangria will be served beginning at 6:00pm. Many of the manufactures representatives will be on hand to help with questions and fitting. Waxing demonstrations begin at 6:30, so come prepared with plenty of questions. Pre-season service specials will also be offered.

Name: Chad
Phone: 231-947-4274
E-mail: [email protected]
www.brickwheels.com
Sponsor Organization: Brick Wheels

For those of you who recall, Wine Women and Wax, which Volklgirl and I reported a couple years ago, this is the same event but different.

I talked to a representative at Brick wheels who explained that they are changing the program slightly to offer more hands on information for the ladies who attend. I'm quite excited about this and hope to pick up some tips.

Anyone else interested in meeting up?

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So there won't be any shaving, eh?

:wink:

Wish I could join you ladies but alas, I am geographically-challenged for this one. Enjoy!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm meeting my sister at Brick Wheels and hope to convince a couple other friends to go. Severine, you'd really love this night, and probably would learn some stuff, that you could teach Brian.......if he's teachable :smile:

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I could definitely use the waxing lesson. We got a wax iron and some wax (though no real place to setup... we'll have to improvise in our little bathroom), plus some basic stuff (gummi stone, for example). Neither one of us has taken the plunge yet, though. I think we're both a little afraid of causing damage... :eek:

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Too bad it's not on a weekend! I'd've used it as an excuse for a Michigan overnighter. Oh, and enjoyed the event, too :D

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll probably be going to this, too.

For those of you that can't, though, I'd be willing to bring my gear and do a tune & wax demo/clinic if someone more central would be willing to host it? Maybe we could even do a pot-luck?

Whata y'all think??

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Bump for the day!

Jenny

Angel Diva
Generous offer, VG.

To be honest, though, it's not information I'd ever use - we don't ski as often as you all do, so it's easier to pay someone who knows what they're doing.

What's central to us Michigan divas, anyway?

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You'd be amazed at how quick and easy it is to do the basic maintenance chores. For the cost of 2-3 shop tunes, you can have all the stuff you need for basic care and waxing. Doing it yourself saves time (no running to the shop to drop off and pick up and no wait), saves money (a $20 block of wax can last 2-4 seasons), and extends the life of your boards by keeping the edges clean and sharp and the bases well lubricated and protected, without removing a layer of base and edge each time. Plus it feels great to ski on "your" boards!

Besides, don't we all need an excuse to get together????

I'd consider "more central" anything in the quadrangle formed by Flint, Lansing, Midland, and Mt Pleasant. I'd even be willing to travel to GR again.

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Make it a weekend and I'd be happy to come to come bearing edible goodies. I'd love an opportunity to glean some of VG's gear knowledge, and adding meeting more divas and food into the mix makes it all the better.

Jenny

Angel Diva
I'd be willing to host something. We're actually a little south of GR (about 15 minutes past Bill & Paul's) so it wouldn't be a huge drive from Chicago.

The only issue is the holiday season. We have my family Thanksgiving this weekend, in-law Thanksgiving next weekend, girls shopping weekend on the 6th, probably a Christmas party on the 13th, and the next weekend is the last one before Christmas (which I'm OK with, just thought I'd mention it).

Other than that, I'm free!!

skihub

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'd love to learn more about tuning my own skis. I have never done it. I am in Mid Michigan, but I have not met any of you in person yet. I frequent the Cadillac area too since my parents are there. Sooo, I'll be watching to see what happens here. It might be a good opportunity for me to meet some of you..........

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Unless I'm skiing, I'm free any weekend except 12/6 (the TC Warren Miller movie night).

Does after the Holiday Madness sound better? Maybe early in January?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga