• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mammoth Skiing on Memorial Day

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I'm posting this here so all Ski Divas can see it.

Mammoth will rock on Memorial Day, although coverage will be great and there won't actually be any rocks. The weather has been cool and they got a fair amount of snow in April, with the possibility of some additional snow to fall later this week. :bounce:

There will be plenty of skiing for intermediate to expert skiers. There will even be a beginner chair open. I can't predict the weather, but they do an excellent job of "salting" the runs to keep them firmer on warm spring days. :clap:

There will be lots of of events going on, including an 80's Retro Ski Party, see link below:
https://forums.mammothmountain.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6799

A good time will be had by all. :love:

Any Ski Divas up for one more ski weekend??? :grouphug:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
:D "Personal rep in residence" will no doubt be there!

Beli_Grrl

Certified Ski Diva
A definite Maybe

I don't have any 80s wear but am seriously thinking about heading down.

Anyone else?

I haven't put my skis away . . .

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
MSL, we'll meet up with your personal rep on our next trip, in about a week (May 15?).

Beli, come on down. The skiing will be fun and the people even funner. Beth is planning to be there as well, and she bought new skis.

Beli_Grrl

Certified Ski Diva
Cool! I will try to make it.

I've been traveling since Mammoth, have hardly been home to watch the message boards. Did Beth join the divas?

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
She has not yet had the time to join any forums, but I did ski with her at Mammoth last Sunday. :becky:

Windee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
New Skis?

Beth got new skis? Shaped skis? Shorter skis? ;) :clap:
Were they skis that she was demoing?
Alas, I cannot make the Memorial Day gala - will be on a train trip up to Portland, Maine for our 34th wedding anniversary!

IntheClouds

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hey SkiBum ! Mammoth on Memorial day sounds awesome. I'm putting it on my radar and will work on getting down there to join you.:ski2::ski2:

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
It will be great to meet you, InTheClouds! :grouphug:

PM me if you have any questions or need a "Bring a Friend" discount ticket. :yahoo:

skithesierras

Angel Diva
It's a possibility!

Would be great to get up there again - I've been crazy busy with work and haven't even thought about skiing! Will see what I can do!

And it would be great to hook up with Divas again!:yahoo:

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
So who is actually coming? We are presently at Mammoth and they have a ton of snow, with at least one more storm predicted before Memorial Day. :yahoo:

If you are coming and want to attend the 80's Retro Barbeque, let me know. :grouphug:

IntheClouds

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Planning on it, just haven't pulled the plan together yet. I'll be there with the Kid.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
My inside source tells me there was a foot of new there as of Friday. "Powder Day" on May 27! :eek::clap:

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
(sigh) ... and to think that I had the opportunity to go to LA last week, with the notion that we might scoot over to Mammoth Friday and/or Saturday. But I was already registered for a (fairly expensive) course through work and really could not withdraw.

And then Mammoth gets a foot of fresh snow!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
No kidding ^^^ But--- YAY for the group that got there and got together! Understand it was a great time and that pics eventually will get posted up, per skibum4ever, who is no doubt still too busy skiing - you go, girl! :thumbsup: (eventually, however, we DO need a trip report? :smile:)

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
TR to be posted after June 8, as I don't have high speed internet in the condo. We will be up at Mammoth all week, and will celebrate my birthday and our 35th wedding anniversary on the slopes. :D

We were joined for the weekend by InTheClouds and her son Jason. They live close to Lake Tahoe skiing and had never been to Mammoth. Her last words as they left this afternoon were: "July 4, hmm, I'll have to consider coming back."

Mammoth has excellent spring skiing and they reopened several additional lifts for the holiday weekend. They have total coverage over the entire mountain, and are doing a great job of "salting" the groomers to keep them firm. A good time was indeed had by all. :clap:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga