• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Loveland and A-Basin to open!

ScottishSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Arghh, typical - I can't go tomorrow as I'm house hunting, and I can't go next weekend cos I've got visitors!!

Oh well, guess it'll be worth the wait!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
It's only going to get better. I doubt you or I are missing much, though I do wish I could magically be transported there for 3 or 4 runs.

Looking forward to hearing how it is. :jealous:

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The first weekend is always the pits ... but I still plan to be at A-Basin next weekend =)

snowdog

Certified Ski Diva
I'm jealous. Mother Nature has the snow dumping tonight into next week but the resorts won't officially be open here 'till Nov. 19 or so. We have to wait...

RockiesGirl

Certified Ski Diva
Winter Storm Warning :smile:

They're under a winter storm warning up there - Keystone is due to receive up to 2 feet by tomorrow (Monday) night!!

Fantastic start to the season!

:dance:

AggieK

Certified Ski Diva
Loveland

I remember skiing Loveland on Halloween weekend once. For a Californian, that was a very big deal. Have fun y'all! :smile:

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Report from Summit County. We're "socked" in here on Buffalo Mtn (above the outlet mall in Silverthorne). Started as rain but quickly changed to snow. High winds and poor visibility.

Report from A-Basin said the snow is blowing so hard that you can't see the lift. Ribbon cutting for new high speed quad is at 9 am.

Weather report. Winter storm warning until 9 am tomorrow, amounts up to 12-22". Winter is here! :yahoo:

tjm235

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Same here in Steamboat ... dumpage. Wind isn't bad just yet, but it's picking up I think... temps also need to drop a few degrees because it's still really heavy. It would be really nice if a plow or two would get running, because roads are reeeeally nasty. Probably will be able to skin up the mountain by tomorrow or wednesday if this keeps up!

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Loveland Pass is closed, numerous chain laws in effect. Highway 9 north of Silverthorne was closed due to a fallen tree that blocked both sides of the road.

We had planned to hike or snowshoe today, depending on conditions, but no way am I going into a beetle killed tree forest in this wind.

Still plan to ski A-Basin tomorrow.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Cam shows a pretty long line for the quad, typical opening day, so much more crowded than Loveland due to the Summit pass. What's not typical is having so much real snow to improve the surface conditions.

I'm of 2 minds - wish I were there but glad I'm not. That's what comes from being a Gemini.

Mammoth has been getting a lot of moisture as well, unfortunately it's fallen mainly as rain. It's always much colder in CO, that's why the snow is so good.

Keep doing those snow dances, and please give us a full report from A-Basin when you ski it!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga