• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Looking good at Hot ham

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm going skiing next week, just thought I'd drop that news. :ski2:

Things are looking not too bad at all. And I've got brand new boots to break in (Nordica Speedmachines).

www.hotham.com.au

Jilly

Staff member
Reading the snow report and travel conditions. Don't you just love - chains required on 2WD's!! Yah my kind of approach. TR needed!

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And it's needed too.. the road can be really shocking, 13 miles of steep road around tight twisty corners, the last 7 miles along an exposed ridge line at the top, in bad weather it is pretty scary, icy with nil visibility, blowing snow etc. They close it quite often, or 'convoy' groups of cars down led by a snowplow. :eek: It's law here to even carry chains in 4wd's on that road too, we've had to fit them on 4wd's quite often.

But.. when the drive is that bad, you know it's going to be epic on top!!

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Pretty please take and post pictures!

I will, I usually don't bother here, except 'action' pictures which don't show much background, but I will make a point of taking some scenic pictures. The Australian bush in snow is very pretty, snowgums etc, very different to the vegetation in North America or Europe. We are there for a week, not just a weekend so I will have plenty of time.

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
1. Thanks for rubbing it in (to those of us NOT skiing next week) : )

2. Yes, looking forward to a TR.

3. Have a great time!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna