• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Looking for Newfoundland skiers!

Jenn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is my first posting - the main reason I signed on with Ski Diva is to find other women who ski - and wow are there a LOT! I live in Newfoundland, Canada where there are a grand total of 2 ski hills. One is pretty small and on weekends you spend more time in line than actually skiing. The other place is a nice sized hill - Marble Mountain, but it is 31/2 hours away from my place :(

Last year was my first serious year of skiing in 25 years - and it's just like riding a bike! My husband is NOT a skier and I'm hoping that some other Newfoundlanders are on SkiDiva who would be interested in either trips to Marble or further west. (I skied Whistler BC last Easter - a FAB trip!)

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Hey, welcome! I'm a Quebec (Laurentians) skier who summers in Nova Scotia, so I feel (sort of) close to you. I've driven by Marble (spent a night in Cornerbrook) and it looked awesome. I've never heard of any other Atlantic Canada Divas, but there's me in Quebec, plus Jilly who's from Ontario but skis at Tremblant (as do I). Perhaps you could meet up with us there some time. I'd love to ski Marble, but once I'm home in Quebec, it's not so handy. There's a big ski club here in Halifax and they travel all over the place. Might be worth checking out.

Jilly

Staff member
Welcome to our world!!

A Newfie yah. There are couple of Diva's in New Brunswick that we haven't heard from in awhile. Except Atlantiqueen, but she had a good reason not to ski this winter, new baby.

Marble is on my list of places to ski too. Another one of those things on the 6/49 list!!

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Jenn, the club in Halifax is Club Ski 30 (though I believe they're in the process of changing the name). It's quite a big club and they have trips all over. I, even though I live near Montreal, joined (membership is cheap, especially, for some reason, for out-of-province people) just to go on their Sugarloaf trip before Christmas. My sister and her husband are the membership people, so let me know if you can't find info on the Web.

And, yes, it would be great to meet up at Tremblant. I'm ready to go - pass is bought!

atlantiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Marlowe will be old enough by Christmas to stay with a grandparent while I ski ... I am definitely down for a trip (provided I can get her to take a bottle by then)!!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga