• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Looking for a good ski for New England skiing

Lady T

Diva in Training
Hi Ski Divas! I need help choosing a good NE ski to ride through icy patches. ( I ski on Rossignol Rally Birds out west.) I am looking for a narrow ski. Thinking of maybe investing on a pair of Stockli Lasers CX or MX. Anyone have anything thoughts on them or can recommend anything else? I really like to carve. I'm 5'5" and 130 lbs.

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I see you have skied out west, are you new to NE? What other narrow skis have you tried? We have lots of great divas from that area, so looking forward to you getting some great recs!

Jilly

Staff member
How narrow do you want to go? I'm a Rossi girl....so maybe demo some Nova 10's? Can't help you with the Stockli's, never have had to chance to demo those.

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the Stockli Laser MX but have only been able to ski them once this year given our (very) slushy conditions. You may want to take a look at the review on SkiEssentials.com. They are based in NE and do a pretty thorough review of the ski. Good luck!

kmb5662

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've heard good things about the Stocklis but haven't personally skied them. If you want really narrow and on the stiffer end I personally love my Redster X9s and recommending demoing those if you get a chance. The Redster Q series and Cloud series are also very similar. The higher the number in the Cloud series the stiffer the construction.

DebbieSue

Angel Diva
I'm 5'5" 140, age 64, longtime New England skier. I have Stockli SC/149, 72 under foot. Not a women's ski, but not a problem. Very stable at my speed limit of low 30s mph on New England firm (what Western skiers call ice). They are very versatile allowing for varied turn size and shape in bumps. I should probably be on next size up, 156, but I found a used demo deal in great condition. I like bumps and trees, and they're often firm here in New England, so I went short to allow for maneuverability. I had a chance to demo Laser MX/158, 68 underfoot early this season in soft conditions. It did not feel much different from the SC/149 to be honest. Both pushed me forward in stance and I think my carving and confidence have improved. Might be worth looking on https://soothski.com/ to see how MX, SC, and CS compare, and maybe how these compare with Atomic and Rossi.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I LOVED the CX.. was like having roller blades on my feet- Unbelievable carvers! I used to have Cloud 11's I sold them to a young lady at my mt. they have a very small 'sweet' spot, not forgiving and have to be on edge. The CX were more fun. The MX was a nice ski (All Stockli's are nice IMO) I liked the CX more for how I ski. I currently ski Liberty 76W's I was afraid after riding the CX I'd not like them but they still make me smile and are excellent carvers. The Blizzard Phoenix is a fun carvey ski too. Rossi makes some super carvers too. Many of my friends like the Head carvers. I'll be demoing at local mt demo day is this Thursday. I like 'racy' carvy skis. I'll report back if there are any that 'rip' Hope you get to demo!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga