• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Lifestyle choices

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I loved reading it. I have a ton of respect for people who just pack up and move to places where they have no connections. Having never done it myself, it seems really daunting, especially when you're talking different countries, across oceans, etc etc. It's something I've been thinking about a lot lately given that I can't really see myself living in NYC forever (unless I win the lotto ;) ).

Rachel, you know you want to move to SLC. Do it.....do it.....

cinnabon

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Cinnabon - If you want to meet people skiing, I would try picking one resort and sticking to it relatively exclusively so you can mingle with the locals as much as possible. I fully understand that it's really hard to meet people skiing! I know Brighton has a great women's club that skis together every week or two on Tuesdays I think. My aunt has been doing it for years and she's met some great ski friends. I think Alta has a similar program as well. And you're always welcome to ski with my crew if you're ever up at Solitude!

Also, where are you living? Me and my husband live close to downtown too.
I'm in E. Millcreek, just a few blocks south of Rt. 80, so close to Sugar House. Well I was really hoping to do some kind of Mountain Host program because I think that is a great way to meet people, but I haven't been able to find one that still has openings. This first year I really want to spend time at all the resorts so I can see which ones I like the best, although I realize this may make it harder to meet people. I am off work Sun. - Tues. and I was thinking of picking up one of those Solitude 1 day per week passes for $250, maybe on Tuesdays. I haven't skied there yet, but I hear great things about it! When do you usually ski? I also got a Cherry Picker pass (for UT residents) at the Canyons (5 days for $200) because I really like that place. And I know I'll want to spend time at Alta & Snowbird. I heard about the women's group at Alta but I think it might be Weds? (when I work), but something like that is a good idea. I also want to check out Snowbasin because that's been very highly recommended and it isn't that much farther. By the time I drive all the way up LCC or BCC it's like 45 minutes door to door. It's hard to pick just one with so many great resorts here, but I hope eventually to choose a "home mountain", and really get to know it and the locals who ski there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga