• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

left ski....right ski.....

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
for the divas that know more about tuning than I do, why do my skis come back from the shop with a ski marked as left or right? In this case, all I had done was a binding calibration, and it still came back with the uber geeky sticker with the shop's name. I've taken it off and replaced it with a gnarlier sticker.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When you have your bindings tested and calibrated, they set each binding to a particular boot.....they are then marked as to which boot they were set to because each boot sole can be slightly different in length and amount of wear (especially if you walk in them - bad, bad, bad!!!) and this can affect the way a binding interacts with that boot.

Usually the difference is not enough to really affect the release settings and characteristics, but they have to cover their a**es in order to maintain their certifications and insurance.

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When I got my bindings mounted, they slapped a shop sticker that says "right ski" on one of em. It doesn't bother me cuz it goes under my boot, so I left it on and I just make a bit of an effort to switch it up (ski with the marked ski as my right sometimes, and as my left sometimes) so both skis get evenish wear.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
num said:
It doesn't bother me cuz it goes under my boot...

I've got the integrated binding plate, so rather than sticking the sticker on the plate, they stuck it on the tail....where it's really noticeable....:rolleyes:

Jilly

Staff member
Apply heat with a heat gun and remove. Its cheap advertising. Like the dealer sticker on your car. Unless your boots are different sizes, like volklgirl says, there really isn't a left and right anymore. Even wear is more important. That's what I like about our local shop, the sticker is clear, with blue and black and on my skis I can bearly find it. But in the morning its on the right foot, afternoon the left foot.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna