• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Knee cap recovery

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Aagh. Went to the doctor today for a check up and was told he would normally expect me to be skiing SIX MONTHS after surgery. THAT WOULD BE FEBRUARY. I told him opening day was a month and I'd planned to be ready by then. He returned with "maybe January". I need to ramp up my program and prove them WRONG WRONG WRONG. I'll ask the guy at PT tomorrow if I can come every day....

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Boo. Good luck, but don't push it too much. An extra month on the front end isn't worth a bunch of trouble on the back.

What kind of pt exercises are you doing? I never broke a kneecap, but I have dislocated 8 times, and my kneecaps (chondromalacia) are what hurts me. Just wondering if there is anything different that you're doing.

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not sure I am the one to describe exercises. There is one that I step on my foot with my knee bent and hold a bit, then step back to my good leg. Another that I "skate" with knees bent side to side with an elastic around my ankles. Another that I am harnessed to a bungie and sort of run on my toes forward and back then turn around and do it the other way. Bicycling. Exercises with balls, the list goes on.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna