• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Kayak advice

Tvan

Angel Diva
@lisamamot - we have both kayaks and SUPs… three of each. And a canoe. A quiver is a definite possibility. And the paddles, my heavens, the paddles. I allowed myself to be up sold to the carbon fiber paddles and have never regretted it. Lighter paddle equals longer time on the water for me.

Our kayaks are Pungos. They are very stable and comfortable. Mine has cup holders :smile:. I can carry mine, but not very far or for very long and It takes two of us to put them on the car. The SUPs are lighter, but equally as awkward to carry.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
. I can carry mine, but not very far or for very long and It takes two of us to put them on the car. The SUPs are lighter, but equally as awkward to carry.
Do you have rollers to help with racking, or have you considered a lift assist rack? I definitely want to be self sufficient, hence the weight limit I was putting on the kayak. I will often go with friends but I certainly want the option to go solo.

Thank you for the paddle feedback too - I had a feeling investing in a light paddle would be worth it!

Tvan

Angel Diva
@lisamamot - We don't have rollers, but I think @Jilly might? I can't lift either the kayaks or the SUPs over my head. I rely on husband power for that.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I took my Kayak Essentials class today at The Kayak Centre in Wickford, RI. Wonderful class - I learned paddling techniques as well as rescue. Consider me hooked! Hunt is on for a kayak that lines up with my needs. It likely won’t happen until next season, but I love the idea of an additional summer survival activity! Hiking and kayaking

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I took my Kayak Essentials class today at The Kayak Centre in Wickford, RI. Wonderful class - I learned paddling techniques as well as rescue. Consider me hooked! Hunt is on for a kayak that lines up with my needs. It likely won’t happen until next season, but I love the idea of an additional summer survival activity! Hiking and kayaking
If you go again, tell Jeff at Kayak Centre hi from Santa Cruz!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna