• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

K2 Burnin' Luvs

marta

Angel Diva
Ski Gear review
K2 Burnin' Luv's
I took a leap of faith and bought these without demoing. They get an A+!

Size 146
Bindings Salomon Z10 Axe Ti
Did not purchase with integrated setup, I wanted lightest weight possible and felt the Marker's were too heavy for me.

I've skied these skis for 2 days now, and here's my report:

Scorchin!
They are fast fast fast. For my 105 lbs, I fly! The guys complain they can't keep up with me :D The skis throw rooster tails too, they say. Eat my snow, boys! Note to self, practice speed control skills :rolleyes:

Skis feel nimble, stable, and rock solid at all speeds. They love to turn and be up on edge. When I got in the back seat by accidental inadvertent air, they forgave me and let me get forward and recover very easily. Excelled in all conditions I've tested them on so far. Solid frozen corduoroy (with sound effect: zzz, zzz, zzz, zzz) caused only the mildest of vibration, the skis held well without skittering; breakable crust, some hardpack (there's very little since spring is already here!), chunky crud, regular spring slop, beach sand (ankle deep loose frozen granular), big thumbs up!

Calgal

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love your review....this is one of the skis that I would like to demo.
Love that "eat my snow, boys" HA !

Enjoy!

marta

Angel Diva
Hi CalGal, great icon you're using. I'm a huge Snoopy fan....
The skis are awesome so far! I've yet to get them onto boilerplate hardpack, but that'll probably have to wait until next year. :rolleyes:

skigrl27

Ski Diva Extraordinaire<br>Legal & Environmental A
i love my Burnin Luvs too....switched from Volkl to Salomon...now I'm a K2 girl. Just bought a fat pair of the Nancy skis and I'm so psyched to try them out.

skigrl27

Ski Diva Extraordinaire<br>Legal & Environmental A
Skied on my B-Luvs yesterday at Copper for the first day of the season. They rip!! Very quick skis, very responsive - but not for beginners. Great on transitioning from big carves to short fast turns...no problem!!

:D

luvsnow

Diva in Training
Looking to demo K2 Burnin luvs here East in Pennsylvannia. Demo'd the One Luvs not responsive enough for me. I like short, quick turns down the fall line and love moguls. How are the Burnin Luvs in moguls with some ice. I ski mostly East so I have to take into consideration the average day with "packed powder" which means ice. Also am planning on demo'g Volkl Fuegos which I read good stuff about. Any opinions? I love this site and appreciate the forums from other ski divas versus paid company spokesmen.

marta

Angel Diva
If you like short quick turns, and the One Luvs weren't enough ski for you, then you should be happy with these skis. So far they're great with all conditions. They're really grippy on icy surfaces and quite nimble in the bumps. I bought mine flat, and mounted them with super light bindings.
They had them at Mountain creek's demo center last year, although they never got them mounted up so no one could actually demo them. I can check next weekend and get back to you.

chitownski

Certified Ski Diva
Skigrl - I've been skiing the Nancy for 5 days in Utah (we've had epic pow just about every day I've been here), and I can't say enough great things. They just float in all levels of powder, and aren't hard to control on the groomers. I've only rode my Burnin' Luv one day - still just killer on the groomers, but I'm having a hard time getting off the Nancy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga