• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Jackson Hole in mid-December

ChgoSkier

Certified Ski Diva
My parents have a timeshare that will expire at the end of this year. They generously offered it to my boyfriend and I for skiing. There aren't too many options this late in the year, but I was able to find something in Jackson Hole. The latest dates I could find before it expires are the week before Christmas (12/17-12/24). I was wondering how the ski conditions are that early in the season. I've been there once before, but it was later in the season.

Also, we don't have to ski everyday, so checking out the local attractions would also be an option for a day or two (or even three). Will everything be open that time of year?

We would love to go back, but is mid-December even worth considering?

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Tough question, with the random answer being "it depends." How late can you feasibly book travel? If I were you, I'd peruse online, specifically their website, to see what's going down for project opening, etc. That early in the season, at least for me, anything at JH would be plenty. There is also the option of heading over to Yellowstone for a day or more. If your travel costs aren't huge, it would still be a getaway? Good luck, hope it works out for you!

abc

Banned
There's quite a bit of diversion in JH area. You can go into Yellowstone on snowmobile or snow couch.

There's also Grand Targhee you can go that might be better snow-wise.

KarenD

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was at Grand Targhee in mid-December several years back and the snow was fine. Not as great as mid-season but definitely enough to keep me occupied. Not sure what things are looking like out there this year.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Oh heck, with the lodging opportunity, I'd go. (for sure!) Weather can change on a dime. I recall one mid-April trip to CO, thought for sure it would be full-on spring skiing. Ha. After 2 days, the storms moved in. Nothing but mid-winter for the rest of the week!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga