• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm melting...

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
...and I'm not even the Wicked Witch of the West.

I'm sure someone here is from some part of the country that regularly gets +100F degree temps; how do you do it?? We can't get a break here in DC. It's either 75F degrees with 80% relative humidity at 6AM or into the upper 90s with 35% relative humidity at 4PM. I was checking the weather around the country today and was envious of Kalispell, MT pushing 82 degrees with 27% humidity.

Sigh.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I saw on the news today that DC was really, really bad. They said it felt like it was over 100F degrees there today. That's nasty.

Relief may be on the way. I heard this awful heat is supposed to last only a day or two more. Hope they're right.

Which brings to mind a question. How hot is too hot for you? The low 80s is about as hot as I like it to get. Beyond that it's too much.

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ugh...it was gross today. The humidity kills me. I made an attempt to walk home from work today, but only made it a mile before I had it and hopped on the bus.

I just finished my laundry in the un-airconditoned basement of my apt building and it was miserable down there.

Jilly

Staff member
Gad I love living on the Bay. I was out last night for Dragon Boat practise and it was just lovely. There were storms to the south of us and a nice breeze. Just remember days like these when its 20 below and with a wind at the top of the mountain in January.!

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Today is gross -- it feels like the hottest day yet. Plus the subway platforms have finally heated all the way up and are officially totally gross. I swear the more we ski the less tolerant of heat I become.

I just finished my laundry in the un-airconditoned basement of my apt building and it was miserable down there.

Ugh, I know. I have to do laundry over the next day or two and I am dreading it. I might just send it out. :o

NannyMin

Banned
Ugh I was in NYC last night to see a play & political discussion on Darfur. It was miserably hot and sticky. I took the subway at around 1 this morning and it was still steamy! Yuck

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

You are a far braver woman than I.

I managed to get caught in the rain storm a little after noon today. I ran back to the office with my shoes in hand -- this didn't really do much to keep me dry, but at least I wasn't in the rain longer than necessary. When I walked into the lobby, a co-worker said I looked like I had taken a shower with my clothes on. I think he was being kind because when I walked into the restroom, I looked like a drowned rat (to the extent that I look like a rat).

Then, 4 of us sat down for lunch in a conference room. We heard a loud boom, saw a flash, our building rocked, and the lights flickered. I just about dove under the conference table, but I didn't really think we'd be having a thunderstorm AND an earthquake (in DC!) at the same time. We soon heard sirens. We learned later that a transformer two doors down had blown up. It's been a very exciting day so far. :D

cyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's waaay too hot here in Rhode Island, too. I am one of those people who does not do well in the heat, and right now I'm doing some heavy garden work under the hot sun.
I come home so dirty and sticky I can't stand it. Our neighborhood is a bit cooler because we're near the ocean, but go inland even half a mile and it's torture!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga