• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Icelantic Nia Pro 105 - one day review

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I had to wait a bit for the skis of my size to come back, but I got to demo 2 ICELANTIC skis yesterday - Riveter 95 and Maiden 102.

They both felt thick and bulky underfoot and over the shoulder(when I carried them), which probably was a normal feeling because I just came off from my Stockli Nela 88. Both ICELANTIC skis felt dull on icy runs.

I didn’t have much feelings for Riveter 95 but the Maiden 102 I demoed in the afternoon felt very powerful pushing through the afternoon slushes. They made skiing over slushy terrain fun instead of annoying. Not sure if it was because of the width or its built. Probably both. I can imagine they would be fun for powder days too. As a comparison, my Nela 88 felt weak on the slushy terrain.
Is the Maiden redesigned for 2024/2025? Asking as the 2023/2024 was a 101.

I have never been on an Icelantic, but in perusing the Maiden 101 on their site, I was surprised to see the size run is 155, 162, and 169. I expected the top size to be somewhere in the mid+ 170s, not top out at 169. Did they speak to the sizing at all?

MotherDuck

Certified Ski Diva
Is the Maiden redesigned for 2024/2025? Asking as the 2023/2024 was a 101.
Yes! Actually, that’s what they are promoting now with the whiteout collection of Maiden and Nomad.

I didn’t ask which year of skis I was demoing though. Assuming at this time, they would only bring the models of 2024/2025 for demos?

lisamamot

Angel Diva
You’re right! Perhaps they use the Nomads line for the longer sizes?
The vast majority of other women's lines in alternate brands do not top out at a 160 something so it was notable especially in a wider waist width where you would expect additional rocker would increase the length of the size run.

MotherDuck

Certified Ski Diva
The new Whiteout Maiden 102 tops out at 176cm. Maybe they heard the feedback from people like you and incorporated it into the 2024/2025 redesign?

teppaz

Angel Diva
The Maiden and the Nomad have been overhauled for 2024-25. The waist widths have slightly different numbers (Maiden 91 is now Maiden 94, for example, 101 is 102), but my understanding is that the waists are the same as before — it’s just that now the numbers in the names reflect the actual measured width.

I rented last year’s Maiden 101 for a free-refill day at Targhee this season and had great fun on it. So nimble! Not nearly as good when the snow got heavier a couple of days later, however. I wish I’d been on my own 4FRNT 91s then, they’ll get me through anything.

K.LoSki

Certified Ski Diva
BTW, in case anyone skiing at Tahoe area are interested in demoing ICELANTIC skis, the rep said the Mountain West in South Lake Tahoe and True North at Northstar Village have ICELANTIC demos.
Yep that's where i demo'd mine from. Arturo is a good dude in there, really stands behind the products he sells.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna