• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I love my Vision 73's!

Sky

Certified Ski Diva
Greetings from the Adrondacks! We arrived at out bed and breakfast yesterday and my new Fischer Vision 73skis were waiting for me (had then shipped from skiers outlet). We didn't even open the box- just drove it 10 miles down the road to a small shop and had the bindings mounted on the spot.
Last night it was 15 below here and I really feared it would be too cold to ski at Gore. But what a perfect day we had! Even though it was cold when we started (single digits) we had clear blue skies, bright sun and absolutely no wind- I had to take off a layer after my first run.

The conditions were ideal and held all day-- packed powder, soft consistency. I found the skis to be a dream. They felt smooth over surface-- a very stable, silky feel. I didn't feel as if I were going fast, but surprized myself by passing others on the way down. I was able to carve all shapes easily and found them easy to get up on edge. I have never left such perfect "S's" in my wake before! I also took them down black diamond where I usually have some trepidation and I really broke through a plateau. I was able to maintain form and control all the way down pretty much on blacks which is a new experience for me. The mountain suddenly got smaller today! It seemed so accessible on the skis. I am still not sure whether I would have been better off with the 70-- maybe they would put me a little more in touch with the snow, but I liked the smoothness of the 73. I think the conditions might be different tomorrow so I'll see how they respond. We expect rain tonight and then a warm-up into the 40's tomorrow afternoon.

SKy

IdahoSkiGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am glad you found a pair of skis that you like. I also ordered my S5s from skiersoutlet.com. They originally sent the wrong bindings, when I called them about it they were very nice and apologetic.

Sky

Certified Ski Diva
I did demo the Vision 70, but the size they had was a little short for me so it was hard for me to tell how they compared to the other skis in the right size. I found them manageable but I wasn't really excited about them-- I thought I would like them better in a longer size. But I did notice in all my demoing that I liked a slightly wider ski-- felt smoother and more stable. I did not have the opportunity to demo the 73, but given the raves about the 70's and my preference for a wider ski and then the reviews of the 73 which stated that it was primarily for groomers, I figured it would be a good match. I really wanted something that would hold on ice. It was between these and the Volkl AC2 in the end. I went for the Fischers because I had a good deal on them and I heard that the AC2 might not be as good on ice, and then just a gut feeling.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga