• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I did NOT ski today...

skigrl27

Ski Diva Extraordinaire<br>Legal & Environmental A
My sweetie had been sick with the flu for 3 days last week. We went out on Saturday to Snowmass & it really showed. He had a hard time, was beet-red & just sluggish. We still took our usual runs & didn't wimp out...but today - for the first Sunday since lifts started running this season - we STAYED in.

I feel guilty. I actually cooked breakfast & am in the process of dinner as I type. I watched golf & college basketball. My god I feel like I'm back in Connecticut!! :Cry: Noooo!

So yeah I reconnected with my domestic side today. Won't be doing this again until the snow melts, THAT much I know.

Good news: Monday I'm "working" all day at Snowmass in clinics & mother nature is calling for 24" to fall between now & Tuesday morning. :snow: Plus - my boss will be out 1/2 of this week traveling, so I'll have plenty of opportunities to escape the office to the mountain too.:yahoo:

Gina23

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I TOTALLY understand girl... a couple weekends ago I couldn't go up to Summit County because I had to take a work related flight to Minneapolis and I was on the verge of tears. It's like if I don't get at least one day a week in, I get hugely depressed!! Get out there and ski soon!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I am so there with you on this one! I haven't skied in :eek: TWELVE DAYS! First I was sick, then I was traveling. Now finally, tomorrow I'll get out.

I feel like it's been forever.

Boy, do I dread the end of the season!

Have fun this week.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Well, I sure wish I had stayed home...:( I got in a whole 4 runs before I got hit. Was just about to hit "the big one" when it happened, too. (White Nitro @ Sugarloaf) I really should know better at this stage of my life about weekends....:rolleyes:
Depending on the diagnosis, I may have to be moving to the first floor of the house to avoid doing stairs - which means the whole desktop computer as well (hmm, maybe good excuse for new laptop?). Can gimp on one leg, but this time, both are bad.

So a day at home might have saved my legs!! Trade ya!

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
ouch!!! Keep us posted, how did this happen?

I did not ski today. Needed a day. Made batches of lasagne and cleaned up the backyard (first melt of the season) and started planning DIVA DAYS AT SOLITUDE.

Wish you all could be here. Recover quickly MaineSkiLady!!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Skigirl, bummer about your day.........:(

MSL, how are you skis? :D

alta_gal83

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got completely sidelined this weekend. Cold hit me first thing Friday morning, throat feeling like it was swollen shut. Now, I'm so plugged up my eyes hurt. Trying to rest up because I'm heading up to Jackson on Friday and I want to be at full capacity for The Hobacks!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
ouch!!! Keep us posted, how did this happen?
See "Another One Bites the Dust" thread under Injuries. Hit on a catwalk. I was at edge of run lip off cat, going 0 mph. Slow, twisting backward fall - one of the best (:rolleyes: ) kinds. I'll live.

SnowHot, my skis have a tell-tale scratch on one tail. But my bindings do release. Good to know. And at 0 mph. It was one wicked twist.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga