• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I am having a good day

Marigee

Angel Diva
I started running at the beginning of August (instead of my usual 4 miles walking .) I had put on a little weight this summer and being of a certain age - my metabolism needed a jump start to help me drop the pounds. I began with just running down the hill, then the flat areas, slight inclines and finally a few weeks ago I was running the entire 4-5 miles. Today I was able to run close to a 10 minute mile. I know that's not fast compared to how fast many ski divas run- but for this middle aged mom - it's a fast time. Particularly since I have never before done much running. I still have a few pounds to go - but since I now enjoy running I'm hoping it won't take too long. HMMM - maybe there is a 5K/10K race in my future!

To make today even better, I found out today that I passed the Virginia Bar Exam. :smile: The last time I took a Bar Exam was right out of law school in 1990 (in Alabama.) I wasn't sure I had it in me - and it made for a very looong summer (now you know why I gained weight!) My husband and boys kept telling me they were sure I passed - easy for them to say! Tonight we are going to go out and celebrate - no cooking dinner for me!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, Congratulations! First on the running, and second on the bar! Seems like you're on a roll! Woo-hooo! :thumbsup:

Lilgeorg

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow!!!! Congratulations on passing the Bar. That is a real acheivement at any stage of life. :cheer:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can't say enough how I admire people who "do it!"

Congrats on a great end to the summer and a profound accomplishment.

:humble:

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congrats on both accomplishments! Actually, three if you count the not having to cook dinner. I've been wondering where you disappeared to. :smile:

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congrats! Sounds like you've been majorly productive, and the running sounds like it's been fun too. Productivity, fun, and a nice dinner, that's the life :smile:

IntheClouds

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:thumbsup: :clap: :humble: :yahoo:

Congratulations !!!!! After the years off (not really) & a change of locals, that must have felt just a bit daunting. But to someone who passed their bar the 1st time, you did it again ! :cheer:

Ski Spirit

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Marigee - That is fantastic! You must feel great! Congratulations on all fronts!!!!!!!!

Marigee

Angel Diva
Many thanks for all the kind words. The support from other Ski Divas is what makes this forum great. :hug:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga