• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I am back

tamlyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
from a month of skiing, trying and buying! After cruising Vermont. New Hampshire, and Maine we decided on season passes for Sunday River, which includes Loon and Sugarloaf.

I updated my quiver so since I was on last and had Dynastar Speed Team Pro GS skis. I added a pair of Rossignol Radical Racing FIS GS, a pair of Rossignol Mutix R 11, a really cool ski from Rossignol research (you can change the flex and even sidecut by changing some bars attached to the bindings!!Making it either a Slalom Ski,All Mountain ski or pure GS ski.) Not FIS legal though. Lastly I bought my first recreational skis. (I have skied for 52 years) I got a pair of Roxy Broomstix and a pair of Fisher RX8s.
I did a 3 day racing clinic but thats another post.

I hope everyone is well
May 2 looks like our last day to ski but I wish you all a longer season
Tami(gravity girl)

Jilly

Staff member
Skimomma24 has those Mutix's too. I demo'd them, but wasn't sure if I wanted to put out the money for them. And the women's version was way too soft even with the firm arms.

tamlyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Re. the Mutix 11's , I got the male version because I wanted them stiff to race with and all Rossignols women specific models are just the same as the male model, just shorter and softer, not what an Eastern racer wants! Although these will not be my primary race skis for any event, just training and maybe Nastar.

Jilly

Staff member
Skimomma is on the unisex version too. She's one tall lady!

And as for all Rossi's - pinked and shrinked - no that is not the case. And is not the case for alot of the women's skis. Nordica, K2 and Volkl have lead a revolution is women's ski construction. The rest are following and have caught up very quickly.

But for you with your racing background you'll need to stick to unisex skis.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga