• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Hurricane Hilary - So Cal divas

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Hi @santacruz skier thanks for asking. We have heavy rain but no winds. Will head out to the gym in a while. After that I have serious paperwork plans for the rest of the day.

2023 is definitely disproving the song that says:

"It never rains in southern California..."

Is the storm expected to impact your area as well?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Hi @santacruz skier thanks for asking. We have heavy rain but no winds. Will head out to the gym in a while. After that I have serious paperwork plans for the rest of the day.

2023 is definitely disproving the song that says:

"It never rains in southern California..."

Is the storm expected to impact your area as well?
Storm is tracking inland so should not affect us, but it's weirdly partly cloudy and humid here.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for asking @santacruz skier ! Woke up to no wind and not much surf this am but got in a quick session before the wind/rain started. Super sweet and yet odd to surf with the "warm" tropical cross breeze - definitely just starting to get the beginnings of the front here..... flight patterns have changed as of this morning LAX is diverting over my house like they do in Santa Anna winds....

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Keep us posted..... I'm going out to the Lane here in a while so will check out the surf......

Jilly

Staff member
My friend' Son-I-L is supposed to fly out of Toronto to LAX, then on to Melbourne AU, tonight. Yesterday he didn't know if he was going anywhere. So your report makes things sound good for him.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So DH landed an hour ago at LAX coming home from Alaska. Said he's been in much worse. They are saying around 5ish will be the peak for rain, however, to add to the excitement we just had a 5.1 earthquake in Ventura /Ojai just north of LA :becky:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
So DH landed an hour ago at LAX coming home from Alaska. Said he's been in much worse. They are saying around 5ish will be the peak for rain, however, to add to the excitement we just had a 5.1 earthquake in Ventura /Ojai just north of LA :becky:
Salmon ?

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This woman being interviewed on the radio this morning had gotten caught in the Maui fires and was now home in LA, and she joked that she wouldn't think that disaster was following her until there was an earthquake. I feel at this point, it's probably a good idea not to be anywhere near that person! lol

mustski

Angel Diva
Good thing she didn’t know about the earthquakes. There were a couple in the midst of the hurricane. We’re in Europe so we missed it. It sounds like the Palm Springs area got the worst if it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga