• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How Ski Lifts are Built

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So I ventured up to Alta today (this BCC girl goes up to LCC on occasion). I skied and ate dinner with friends up at Alta and we were talking about changes at both Snowbird and Alta over the years.

The Peruvian Lift at Snowbird came up---and some of you Divas have heard my stories about my youngest son working on the crew. We tend to take the lifts for granted---but just think what goes into building these. The digging, blasting, hauling, pouring, and climbing---much done by human labor (and helicopters).

Here is some video from fly day for the Peruvian---my son was on this crew that built this massive lift and it was an interesting summer..:fear:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=LTe5OqMzbvg

Jilly

Staff member
Wow that is so neat. I see there are other video's that come up too. The ole mechano set has nothing on these things. It looks like everything was being done safely and with expertise.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Thanks for posting this, fascinating. I'm sending it to DH (engineer), he loves this stuff. The expertise and inherent danger in this work tell us something about what's incorporated into lift ticket prices...but I'm glad to pay the $ for safe lifts.

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Very cool.:cool:

playoutside

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wayyyy cool!! Really impressive. Not a job for just anyone. The 2 guys strapped/standing there while a chopper swings a heavy piece into place. Talk about trust and confidence in the guy flying the helicopter. I know I couldn't do either job, so glad others will!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga