• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How should boots fit for alpine touring?

MissySki

Angel Diva
I’m finally ready to get some AT boots. At the end of last season I was pretty sure I wanted to work with a place near Sugarbush that has a great selection and seemingly bootfitter as well. However, since I always have issues with fit and I ski in Maine, I’m a little bit worried about getting my boots so far away.. Though the plan I felt comfortable with in Vermont was to NOT size down like I normally do for downhill and that heat molding everything should relax the fit even more for my problem 5th metatarsal areas, so perhaps I won’t be as in need of extra work down the road. I’m just not sure to what extent this may affect my instep fit (the reason I normally size down to a 23.5 is because my length and forefoot width put me in a 24.5 camp (with necessary work on widening still in front) while my instep measures a 22 and I have a super skinny heel and ankle..). Seems like the best plan not to make my feet miserably tight in boots meant for climbing though.

What do you all think? Would you go back to Alpine Options in Vermont, or try and find somewhere closer to Sunday River or near home in MA in case I need tweaks later?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna