• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How far in advance do you need to book for Breck/Vail?

ScottishSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm off to Winter Park and Steamboat next week. Didn't realise it was President's Day weekend the following week when we booked, so we thought about adding a few days on for Breck, but it was impossible to get accommodation. Added on the time in Steamboat instead.

Anyway, it got me think we should book a wee weekend away in either Breck or Vail as well. Are we likely to be able to get accommodation in say a month's time or would I be wasting my time looking? Are they areas you have to book months in advance?

Thanks

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, I think most of the time you can find something just a few weeks out but President's Day weekend is huge here. So much so that my ski team program doesn't practice and the only thing getting me up there that weekend is an epic dump and somebody else driving.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm off to Winter Park and Steamboat next week. Didn't realise it was President's Day weekend the following week when we booked, so we thought about adding a few days on for Breck, but it was impossible to get accommodation. Added on the time in Steamboat instead.

Anyway, it got me think we should book a wee weekend away in either Breck or Vail as well. Are we likely to be able to get accommodation in say a month's time or would I be wasting my time looking? Are they areas you have to book months in advance?

Thanks

It kind of depends on what you're looking for, I think. We were always able to get a hotel room in, say, the La Quinta in Silverthorne. But then you have a 20-25 minute drive to Breck. Not sure about Vail, but for Beaver Creek, there's Christie Lodge in Avon. It's kind of ... special, but it's a place to crash.

If you're looking for more of a ski-out / resort experience / fine living kind of thing .... well, I can't really speak to that =)

Toucan

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There are deals to be found on there, especially if you go VRBO. Most owners want to rent at least 5 days to offset set-up/clean-up costs. But in general, rentals are off this year as they were last year despite the epic snowfalls. If you want to stay at a hotel, you have to take what you can get, but try hotels.com or sidestep.com to compare. I have AAA which affords me some discounted pricing, and if you're in the military or work for the govt you save a lot. As far as advance booking, you'll need a bit more notice if you go VRBO than a hotel so you can pre-pay, etc. Good luck!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna