• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help! My ski jacket won't come clean!!

michpc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This past fall I bought the North Face Varius Guide shell in Jewel Blue. I was really careful about not getting the lighter blue parts dirty, but the last time I skied I must have leaned on a salty/dirty car and it started to look really dingy. Well, I washed it as soon as I got home per label instructions: wash separate on gentle cycle. Then I let it air dry. I just looked at it for the first time today since I'm going skiing again this weekend. It still looks totally dirty! :noidea: HELP! Any tips? Any special detergent or ANYTHING that will make this coat come clean? It's practically brand new so I'm panicking here :(

Jilly

Staff member
Do you have any way of getting something from Canada. Quick trip up here? There is a product called Grime eater - https://www.grimeeater.com/CATALOUGE%202.pdf Second product from the left, last row. Any grocery store, CTC, hardware store has it.

If I ever drive to a Diva event, I will bring at least one case of this stuff. I promise. In a google search I see something coming up about distributor in Florida. Try it.

alta_gal83

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've used this on quite a few things ..... really good for getting chairlift grease off the gear:

https://www.krudkutter.com/originalkrudkutter.asp

I believe I picked it up at Home Depot.

And remember, never wash your gear in liquid detergent. Always use powdered. Something about the liquid detergent breaks down all the waterproofing.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
We have a thread here in the wiki forum on "saving your gear" that has good laundry tips. Grime eater, a dilute Simple Green solution, even Shout... lots of options.

michpc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We have a thread here in the wiki forum on "saving your gear" that has good laundry tips. Grime eater, a dilute Simple Green solution, even Shout... lots of options.

Thanks for piping in geargrrl! I do have some Simple Green at home (concentrated) which means I wouldn't have to go shopping, so I'm wondering if you could tell me exactly ratio you use to dilute and also what process you use. Do you scrub with it, then rinse with water? Dab it on and then run through the wash? I couldn't seem to find that info from searching. Thanks!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga