• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Help me stop complaining about the weather!

SheSki

Certified Ski Diva
I think perhaps what I'm bitter about is not the day-to-day weather, but the climate change business, which, to the delight of everyone I know, is prolonging our summer.
Me too. Earlier this spring and summer the morning news shows based in NY were smiling and laughing day after day about how "lucky" we were in the West to have unseasonably warm weather. I wanted to grab them through the screen and shake them.

I have to say that I did my best to throw myself into summer this year and I am a tiny bit sad its ending. Not that sad but it goes to show you if you find activities to do and things to keep you busy it makes the time easier to pass. @Fluffy Kitty That's the ticket, be it surfing or other activities you can do it.

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have to say that I did my best to throw myself into summer this year and I am a tiny bit sad its ending. Not that sad but it goes to show you if you find activities to do and things to keep you busy it makes the time easier to pass. @Fluffy Kitty That's the ticket, be it surfing or other activities you can do it.
Thanks! I'm sick today, and I was getting aggro about the fact that our lawn needs watering (In October! In Oregon!), but your note reminded me how much I love the beginning of the growing season when we get to (vs. "have to") start irrigating the garden.

climbingbetty

Angel Diva

Me too! Usually I'm pretty excited for the winter. aim it a summer gal. Which is odd because rock climbing is my fav sport ever, but I much prefer to climb in the spring and fall when temps are moderate. When it starts getting all hot & humid, I usually just lay around and b!tch about the weather. This summer, I started trail running though and found I really enjoyed it. I tended to do that on the weekends when the cliffs were super crowded and found I really enjoyed the peace & solitude. and since I was getting uber sticky and sweaty anyway....

In the end I'm a little sad to see summer go (we also had a somewhat mild summer, so maybe that has something to do with?). I'll miss climbing and running.... Right until that first moment I click into skis and then I'll totally be over it!!!!!

But yes, sports you can enjoy in different seasons and different conditions is key!!!!

Christy

Angel Diva
One of my friends in LA sent me a photo of her car thermometer yesterday. 108. In October. That would make me complain.

Yeah one of my friends in Santa Ana, California was complaining that it was 108 yesterday. She said what is this do i live in Palm Springs.

Inoffensive Nickname

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Side note - if you have allergy issues and / or Eustachian tube issues, please get checked/cleared by and ENT before scuba diving.
Barotrauma is not fun.
This, I know all too well. Went on a dive trip at the end of a cold and felt fine, but I must have still had some congestion in my ears. I descended no deeper than 60' and couldn't clear my ears. Did the [really baaaaad] plug your nose and blow to pop or clear your ears maneuver, and had a dizzy spell at 60' that scared the heck out of me and ended with a sharp pain in my ear that persisted for two weeks and kept me out of diving for most of the rest of the trip. FWIW and completely off topic, going to a walk-in clinic in Mexico was actually a better experience than I've had in a few walk-in clinics in the US.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga