• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help make skiing more diverse! A worthy giving Tuesday donation

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi all, it’s super late in the day on Giving Tuesday, but I just saw a link for this organization’s fundraiser. It’s pretty sad that they’re nowhere close to their goal.

Unlikely Riders runs programs that “reduce or eliminate barriers to snowsports and create a community on snow for BIPOC ‘vermonters’”.

I don’t know a ton about this organization, but I believe in their mission. Skiing has a pretty exclusionary history, and it’s time that changed.

anyway, please consider donating!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I proudly helped Unlikely Riders obtain their 501(c)(3) recognition from the IRS (as in represented them pro bono and paid the application fee) a couple of years back.

For a scrappy, young organization they do an amazing job with outreach and providing opportunities. While it’s nice for me to feel included in a very white sport (especially in Vermont and the Northeast — it’s much more diverse in, say, LA and the west coast in general), I’m not really the target audience given my immense socioeconomic privilege. That said, I’ve attended their events and can testify that they have been able to provide snowsports opportunities to people of many backgrounds - migrant workers, new Americans, people who had never seen snow before landing in Vermont.

Kinda silly, but I haven’t donated this season yet due to personal circumstances. I definitely plan to give a decent chunk in January 2024 though! They do a lot of good on a limited budget.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga