• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Has anyone tried one of these trainers?

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
I feel like I have seen discussion on here about the SkiTech trainer, but I can’t find it.
We’re getting a facility with one in the area, and my snow buddy and I are hoping to check it out when they open. Wanted to see if anyone had a pro tip on using it/the experience?

newboots

Angel Diva
I can't remember seeing posts about anything quite like this. It looks painful, from the photo! :laughter: Just kidding, mostly. When Big Snow had the fire and closed, I toyed with the idea of getting a Skier's Edge, but the truth is, I don't have the space, it costs too much, and if it's not going downhill it's not going to help me.

But this thing looks intriguing.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The skiers edge does indeed take up a chunk of space, but it does give me a good cardio workout. And since I usually use it without the poles I think it is likely working my core too. ( I got mine used)

MissySki

Angel Diva
I've been eyeing the Aeroski because I've seen a bunch of people posting about it in ski groups on social media lately.

newboots

Angel Diva
I've been eyeing the Aeroski because I've seen a bunch of people posting about it in ski groups on social media lately.
It's cheaper, isn't it? Or takes up less space? I seem to recall there's an advantage to it.

VanHoskier, a former Diva, told me that the Skier's Edge, which she used for years, got her too used to pushing from side to side, which isn't exactly what we do on skis. She eventually felt it wasn't working well for her. But the cardio must be amazing!

MissySki

Angel Diva
It's cheaper, isn't it? Or takes up less space? I seem to recall there's an advantage to it.

VanHoskier, a former Diva, told me that the Skier's Edge, which she used for years, got her too used to pushing from side to side, which isn't exactly what we do on skis. She eventually felt it wasn't working well for her. But the cardio must be amazing!

Yes, it's very significantly cheaper. I believe around it's $400, so a third (or less??) of the Skier's Edge. Though it's been awhile so unsure of what a new Skier's Edge is going for now either. I just know when looking in the past it was expensive enough to say ehhhhhh I probably don't need this, unless I can find a good deal on a used one. I think it's smaller as well just from pictures, but haven't made the side by side comparison on the measurements.

newboots

Angel Diva
I read about used ones. Apparently they usually need new belts, which can run $400. :faint:

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
The one I posted is tens of thousands of dollars, so it’s usually part of a larger facility. Apparently the US ski team uses it for training. Can’t wait to check it out. Sounds like he is having a hard time hiring staff.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Iwannaski that is very cool, I would definitely try this ! and I love that you can "enjoy a craft beer from premier lodges in an ambient wood paneled room complete with ski chairs and vintage chairlifts" after your session :beer:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna