• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Halloween's coming

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Who already knows their costumes?

Anyone have Halloween traditions? Love it? Hate it?

Lilgeorg

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have luke warm feelings about Halloween but it used to be my hubby's favorite holiday. He mmade the greatest costumes for our kids. Then everybody grew up. That's sad in itself. No more costumes to build. We moved to rural Vermont and we get 1 kid for trick or treat. When we lived in the Philadelphia area we would get 100 or more.

So alas, it has just dribbled away. My hubby still carves the best pumpkins for the porch.

How is it celebrated or not in other countries???

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm going to be in Mexico's Copper Canyon the week of Halloween; I don't think anything goes on then, but Oct. 27 is Feast of the Holy Souls, Nov. 1 is All Soul's Day, and Nov. 2 is Day of the Dead (sounds gruesome, but it's really about honoring deceased loved ones and kind of joyous). I'll take pics for show and tell....

I LOVE Halloween!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!

Candy and any excuse to dress up and be anyone or anything that you've ever wanted to be! How FABULOUS is that?

This year.....I'm Captain Jack Sparrow's Pirate Wench! :eyebrows: (but only if Capt. Jack IS Johnny!) Gotta LOVE Johnny! :becky:

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I never really celebrated halloween growing up, it's not a holiday where I'm from and we didn't celebrate American holidays even when we were here. If we participated when there were school halloween festivites, we usually wore old ratty clothes and dusted a little cocoa powder (as dirt) on ourselves and went as bums.

As an adult, though, I kinda hold NVG's sentiments. Candy and costumes, what's not to love? A best friend and I coordinate costumes every year, sometimes with more people doing a group theme, sometimes just the two of us. This year I'm either Chun Li from Street Fighter or John Travolta's character in Grease. She's not sure if she'll be able to pull off her coordinating character to go with Chun Li yet, so I'm practicing my Travolta dance moves while working on the Chun Li costume. Gotta be prepared :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga