• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Going for Level II exam

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
Congrats. What division? Definitely read the division's exam study guides. In the east, they're on line. Know the performance standards for the tasks. Have a good understanding of what the tasks will highlight in your skiing and why the task is an exam task. Be really comfortable with bumps and make sure you have the stamina to perform for the two day (or 3 day?) period that is required.

Random thoughts: Wea rpants that are a different color than your jacket and a short jacket -- that way, the examiners can see your hip placement and angles. One of the divas was going for her Level 1 this season and there's a thread on that -- all the advice there applies to this one. Make sure your equipment is appropriate and have some back ups. Get your skis tuned and waxed before you go -- anticipate the weather and don't rely on getting your consistent tune from another area's shop. Use your trainers wisely, but remember that, despite the "standards" there's some subjectivity to the process and live with it. I remember that a few days before my level 3 ski, one trainer at my mountain said: "I love your bump skiing." The next day, same trail, same conditions, a different trainer said: "I am worried about your bump skiing." Both were examiners; go figure.

Have fun. Exams should be fun. Be upbeat and supportive of others in your group Start all your tasks directly in the fall line. Watch what the examiner says and what he or she does -- and if the description doesn't match the demonstration, ask for clarification, in a nice way.An exam group's vibe or mojo can really help the process. Talk to others as the demo is being done. I know that my eye isn't always as great as it should be so I can learn alot from someone else's analysis.

Good luck.

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
You're welcome! Good luck. It is a really great process and I have learned so much going through it! When/Where is the exam?

Midlifeaddiction

Certified Ski Diva
You're welcome! Good luck. It is a really great process and I have learned so much going through it! When/Where is the exam?
It was Waterville Valley, NH
Did not pass but took your advice about being upbeat. We had a really supportive group. Had injured calves and new boots. Starting early this year...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna