• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Getting tired of warm weather

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
At first I was overdosed on winter, so I was tolerant of spring arriving. Budding trees and daffodils were all right, if not exciting. But then summer fully appeared and offered flowers in the garden, warm days on the road and the trail, meals on the deck, beach moments, lawn mowing, hosta planting, visitors and vacations, and a generally slower pace day in and day out. But, really, this is getting old.

Now I'm ready for short days, harsh winter temperatures, white snow, and mountains with friends. Anyone else tired of long days and warm weather?

cyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm with you! I long for those crisp winter nights, cuddling into bed without getting too hot, NOT running the A/C, and putting on sweaters.

I'm also psyched to walk my dog and see her all peppy, not panting and overheated.
Summer is OK, but.....

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, yes, winter is best. Why????
Because....
I'm off in the summers, and it gets old. I'd rather be productive.
Skiing and working means being overworked, but being overworked and stressed clears my mind.
Being cold builds character.
Shovelling my way to the car, skiing way too much, and being overstressed by work/play makes prioritizing things easier.
I love the clarity of dark days punctuated by white snow.
That's true beauty.
It doesn't ever get any better.
Heaven is a blizzard in the dark.

abc

Banned
NO!

I'm enjoying the summer, especially the long days. I can go riding my bike AFTER WORK! Can't do that in the winter's short days.

More over, where I am, the temperature is so mild I'm just soooo comfortable. So only 2 days when the AC is on. Can't complain, don't want to complain, don't want to jinx it either.

Those of you who want winter, you may get 100 degrees days for the whole next month! ;)

IdahoSkiGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am really sick of the HOT weather...we are in the third week of 100+ temperatures! Plus, there are multiple forest fires making the air quality horrible. When the air quality is this bad they warn people not to exercise outside...there goes hiking and biking. I just looked at my skis in the garage today and thought about how nice winter sounds right now.

I want winter :(

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Today I took a nice long bike ride ... 1 hour on the trails in the woods, two dabs of the foot, no crashes, that's fine. Nothing spectacular. Stalled on the hill that I never am able to get up, but at least I tried yet one more time to hold traction on that sucker.
Then took to the road and visited my LBS -- closed, rats. Thence off to the cove, the Atlantic splashing mildly whilst the publica attended the requisite carnivalle, babies in strollers, ice cream cones hovering in front of faces, cotton candy, etc etc etc. The wind she did blow, the sun she did shine.
Afterwards I took off to the beach, the real beach with white sand and people on towels, and waves with white foam (remember, the wind she did blow....) and New England rocky islands out there to be looked at and landed upon by the sea gulls....and sun peeking out between fast paced clouds.
Then home again, tired and winded, as the thunderstorms blew in.

All this to say that despite being TIRED OF SUMMER, it's wonderful while I wait for something more .. shall we say, challenging?

Jilly

Staff member
No, I think its a medical condition - winter withdrawal. I know that by August the sand dunes are really starting to look skiable. Around here its been really nice. Hot during the day, 75 and cool at night about 55. I can sleep!!

Hey! We have Sand Dunes here! Maybe I could go ski those! I don't know if I can wait until August! :D

I went through awful skiing-withdrawal in April and May, especially in April when folks were still getting some great runs in skiing here in New England (my last day of the season was March 30). Now that it's full on summer and I've got 4 kids in the house (and central air for super hot days), I'm not thinking about skiing as much (which means it only occupies part of my day instead of most of my day LOL). I've also been enjoying deciding what skis I will order for the next season and that's keeping me happy: Solomon'08 Mynx skis for me and K-2 '08 Missy's for my almost 11 year old daughter. Here are some pics:

https://global.skipass.com/gearguide/ski/2008/salomon/Mynx-1.html and
https://global.skipass.com/gearguide/ski/2008/k2/Missy-1.html

I think I'll be ordering them this week, and will enjoy seeing them hung up in our family's ever-growing wall collection of skis and snowboards! I'll be up at Smuggler's Notch in 2 weeks with my family and am also trying to hook up with a bootfitter in Stowe and we plan to visit the Burton store in Burlington, so really, skiing is never far from my mind, even in July!:D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga