• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Gen X moms and skiing

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Amen

Our joke for years when I pull of some stunt or steep chute has been..."Not bad for someone's Mom" It works particularily well when I crash doing something similiar to the above.

For those of you who have read my posts, you know that I'm an aspiring park rat after 3 seasons of skiing. When I called Okemo to follow up on a coach that tcarey told me about, I didn't identify who the inquiry was about, and the nice woman who answered put the phone down and said "there's a woman on the phone asking about a freestyle coach for her kid." When she got back on the phone, I explained it was for me, and she was tickled. My 25 year old instructor the day I took my one and only freestyle lesson this past season as Stratton (there are few freestyle ski coaches) was pretty surprised to meet 47 year old me. It was nice to read the article and see that there are other Moms like me out there!

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When I become a mom I wanna be that kind of mom.

Yall rock!

Thanks! I've always loved to dance (used to do a lot of improv stuff) and freestyle skiing really lets the creative side of me play!

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow ... that's an interesting article. It really describes a lot of things about me. I'm 39, so at the outside edge of their classification. Grew up playing sports with nary a thought that it made me un-girly or something.

I've never done the women's ski groups, but most of my closest friends are my tennis buddies. I recognize the same dynamic as they are talking about in the article.

I don't do terrain parks, but I love bumps and all sorts of off piste. And I am definitely not the type to quit early to cook dinner for the family!! If they can't get it on the happy hour during apres ski, they don't need it. ;-)

Anyway, I guess I am a "type" now ... I always thought I was just weird.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga