• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Fun ways to fit in exercises

marta

Angel Diva
Here's a couple fun ways to squeeze in exercises throughout your day. Feel free to add your own to the list!

While driving, when you go around a curve, crunch your abs on that side of your body and hold throughout the curve. It will help build your ab muscles and also prepare you for reaching down to plant that pole.

When brushing your teeth, do yoga "chair pose" or some one legged squats.

Who else has fun suggestions for hidden exercises??

IntheClouds

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I practice my edging , transition & independent leg action while cleaning stalls. It's routine mindless work where I get alot of mind floating inthe clouds opportunity.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
When brushing your teeth, do yoga "chair pose" or some one legged squats.

That's funny, I stretch my calves while I brush my teeth.

I also take the stairs instead of the elevator/escalator whenever it's possible and reasonable -- we live in a 4th floor apartment in a building with an elevator, so this is actually a big one for me.

I try to talk myself into thinking that standing instead of sitting on the subway counts as well, but I'm not sure it does. :smile:

marta

Angel Diva
"Surfing" on the subway without holding onto a pole promotes balance and reaction, that's a good thing!!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Ooooo this is fun.

Sometimes I clench my butt cheeks when I'm in the car. First one side, then the other.

Or is this too much information??????? :p

IntheClouds

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ooooo this is fun.

Sometimes I clench my butt cheeks when I'm in the car. First one side, then the other.

Or is this too much information??????? :p

:laugh: I didn't know you could do that ! I thought it had to be done simultaneously ! This must fall under the tech category of simultaneous vs independent clenching. :laughter:

KarenD

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've started doing squats (usually 5 of them) each time I use the bathroom at work. Since I hydrate all day, the reps add up. Though I admit to skipping them if there's someone in another stall. :smile:

LouWho

Diva in Training
I'm not sure if this counts as hidden, but we don't have a yard, so the doggy needs multiple walks a day. It could be hidden because I keep giving him rawhide bones, which make him drink more water, which means he needs more walks!

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I do stuff in the shower. Stretch, mostly. But also some proprioception, ie stand on one foot with eyes closed. When that's too easy, wash your hair on one foot (eyes closed).

(And I don't want to read about someone breaking their arm while falling out of the shower while doing this! Guilt! :smile: )

climber.girl1

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Whenever I move around the house, i.e., to the kitchen, to the front door for the mail, I do lunges to get there. That starts to add up, too!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga