• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Forgot to ask about length of new skis for me . .

Carol

Certified Ski Diva
I forgot to ask everyone - I'm 5'2", 143lbs and ski on a 146 Lotta Luv. I'm still fairly new but I'm comfy on the blues and just ran my first blue-black at Winter Park, Colorado this past weekend.

I'm wanting new skis to grow into and am thinking about the 2009 Lotta Luvs, but would the 149 length be right for me or should I go up to 153? I was renting the 142 Sweet Luvs for a LONG time which was driving me crazy. I bought the 146 Lotta Luvs (just for this season to try to get used to a longer ski but without jumping up too far in length and not being able to control them). I LUV the LL's at 146 right now. And just a FYI - when I stand next to them, they come up to around my eye level.

I want to buy the new skis but not sure of what length to get. I don't know if I need a 146 or longer, so I don't know what to do here. :noidea:

amanda

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Maybe try to demo the 153 and see how you feel about the extra length. I'm 5'3" about 125 lbs and I ski a 156. I started out on a 148 but as my skiing got better I really started to appreciate a little more length. I think it is just kind of a personal decision as to when you feel comfortable enough to add a little more length to your ski. I also ski Winter Park (well really Mary Jane) so let me know if you are ever looking for a ski buddy. I'm usually up there at least one day every weekend and I'm always looking for female ski companions as I usually ski with all men. :becky:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga