• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

First Snow!

G Hoodie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wohoo! It's snowing on Mt. Hood! 1st major storm of the season... supposed to drop 7-10". Not quite as good as what's falling in the Sierra Nevada, but still better than no snow!

Anyone else getting their first big dumps? I know the NE got a big one not too long ago. :snow:

C

CMCM

Yay, it's snowing! Only a couple of inches so far on the ski hills, but another blast expected Monday night. I sure hope a lot more gets dumped soon. Squaw claims they're opening Nov. 22!! I'm getting excited! :yahoo:

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's second snow, but the first stuff didn't stick, so...

2-5" predicted for over night, and 2-5" predicted for tomorrow too!

It was fun to see the clouds lift from the mountain today and see a little snow up there -- just a little, I had to check the web cams to be sure that's what I was seeing.

Karen in Boise

Christy

Angel Diva
Oh but now there is a Pineapple Express hot on the heels of this snow, so it will all melt...G Hoodie do you guys get hit with those too?

G Hoodie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Aargh! Yes. I hate those. The last big one we had knocked out huge stretches of the road to the mountain too. Meadows was inaccessible for a long time. (and flooded Mt. Rainier NP and Olympic NP badly - but you know about that one!)

I feel like I should make a pineapple voodoo doll to keep them away or something.

Christy

Angel Diva
Oh yeah. The damage every year to NPS/forest service roads and trails is incredible (also it floods our basement, which is annoying). But I didn't know it blocked ski access for you guys! Wow.

G Hoodie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah... Hwy 35 was closed for almost a month. I think they finally got it open mid-Dec. That said, there are 2 other ski areas on the mtn that were accessible. Now at Meadows every year, they have a "Glacial Outburst" party. :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga