• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Finn picked by Barnes & Noble Book Club!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, Finn, the soon-to-be published novel by Mr. Ski Diva (Jon Clinch), has been selected by Barnes & Noble as a pick for its on-line book club in March. It'll be sharing the spotlight with Twain's Huckleberry Finn -- not bad company, if you ask me!

More news: Finn was also given a starred review (that means top rating) by Publishers Weekly and Kirkus Review, two of the major publications geared toward the bookselling industry.

Keep an eye out for it: the release date is seven weeks away on February 20 (but who's counting?).

Lilgeorg

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am so very happy for John and you. I am waiting to get my copy and have it signed by the author. Wahoo!!!

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just pre-ordered Finn from Amazon, and fully expect Mr. Diva to personally sign my copy! :D

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
A couple more biggies: a mention in yesterday's (Jan 2) USA Today as a book to watch for in 2007; and the same this past weekend in The New York Daily News, the San Diego Union Tribune, and the St. Petersburg (FL) Times.

Lynn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I will be sure to buy one at Barnes and Nobles. I hope you don't mind if I use the 'readers advantage' we have. And I hope to meet up and have it signed by the author one of these days!
Best of luck to the lucky hubby.
Lynn

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
You can also read an excerpt on the book's web site. Go to https://www.readfinn.com, and after the intro, click on "Book," and then on "Excerpt." There's a video interview with Mr. Ski Diva at the site, too. Click on "New Media" after the intro. Or you can hear an excerpt from the actor who read the audio book, also at "New Media."

There's an excerpt on Amazon, too, but they managed to screw up the line breaks and stuff, which makes it somewhat disconcerting. That's here.

Marigee

Angel Diva
I have pre-ordered my copy and hope to have it signed in person at Olsson's Bookstore in Arlington, VA. Wendy - are you still planning to be at the first two book signings?

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm looking, but can't find any bookstore appearances in or around the Boston area. Got those planned yet? Gotta get my copy signed too.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Marigee said:
I have pre-ordered my copy and hope to have it signed in person at Olsson's Bookstore in Arlington, VA. Wendy - are you still planning to be at the first two book signings?

Great! I'll definitely be there! It'll be great to see you! FYI: I'm told that this is at the new Olsson's in Crystal City.

Liquidfeet said:
I'm looking, but can't find any bookstore appearances in or around the Boston area. Got those planned yet? Gotta get my copy signed too.

Not yet. The schedule is only planned through the end of March right now. We're hoping they'll have him in Boston later.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga