• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: DV or PC for young kid (and mom freaky about crowds)

goodcat

Certified Ski Diva
Hi, I am doing last minute trip to Park City. I have been to DV once for spring skiing, but never to Park City Resort. Park City looks like there will be more things to interest a child, but I am worried about crowds -- my kid would be find with it, but I am freaky as I have had near collisions with other peoples kids bombing down the hill -- let's just say I am constantly looking uphill for those little (and sometimes not so little...) guys and girls.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Haven't skied at DV but there is something to be said for a place with no snowboarders. I'm used to that during late season since I ski Alta in April regularly.

@braveskimom went mid-season and wrote up the DV visit in her blog. You might check with her.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You won't like PC if you are scared of running into people! I am too, not use to it, I can never make it a full day there because I get tired of dodging people.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Hi, I am doing last minute trip to Park City. I have been to DV once for spring skiing, but never to Park City Resort. Park City looks like there will be more things to interest a child, but I am worried about crowds -- my kid would be find with it, but I am freaky as I have had near collisions with other peoples kids bombing down the hill -- let's just say I am constantly looking uphill for those little (and sometimes not so little...) guys and girls.
Are you going to rent a car? If so, Solitude is the place to go for relatively empty slopes if you like steepish groomers. Have you skied at Alta?

goodcat

Certified Ski Diva
Are you going to rent a car? If so, Solitude is the place to go for relatively empty slopes if you like steepish groomers. Have you skied at Alta?

Never at Alta, maybe this is the week to try it? I've been at Solitide twice this year so looking for a new experience.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Never at Alta, maybe this is the week to try it? I've been at Solitide twice this year so looking for a new experience.
I'll be at Alta Lodge starting April 5. Skiing there all week. Definitely will have better conditions than PCMR/DV/Canyons. The higher altitude starts making a significant difference once temps start getting over 32 at the base. Perhaps we can get together for a few runs. I'll start a thread in Meet on the Hill.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna