• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

DS fell into lift safety net!

RockSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
DS (almost 5) jumped off a lift just a mite too soon today. He slid backwards while I had no choice but to proceed, shouting OMG! Fortunately he fell into the safety net below without further incident. He was rescued by the lift personnel, one of whom put his skis back on, and then skied under the chair...

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think the kids really fear getting off too late so sometimes they go too soon. Glad he wasn't hurt.

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That must've been so scary!

Was he very shaken up about it, or did he leave the pleasure of worrying for you? Glad that net is there and that he wasn't hurt!

gr8outdoors

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Rockski, I'm so glad to hear your son is OK. My son forgot several times to get off the lift when he was much younger, so I can understand how you must have felt.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Whoa :eek: - Scary stuff. Now that YOUR heart rate is presumably back to normal....how is HE??? Hopefully not traumatized!! (possibly - and hopefully - just a bit embarrassed?)

RockSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
DS was not the slightest bit embarassed -- proudly skied under the very lift that he had halted for 5+minutes. We happened to meet up with DH at the bottom and DS elected to go back up right away! -- while I went into thé day-lodge for a stiff espresso...

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
:smile: Ah, kids.....gotta love 'em. :love: Just another day of skiing for the guy, eh? So glad he's fine!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
So glad he's OK.

Kids that age are generally fearless. Something that would traumatize us is just another adventure to him. :wink:

PNWSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So glad to hear he is ok and didn't care. Moms always react differently than they do! DS and lifts scare me so much and now I have one more thing to worry about!

alr

Certified Ski Diva
When I was a wee one, I had more trouble getting on the lift than off. If i did not get a boost, I was not always able to get seated properly (the days before any high speed quad existed where they would slow way down to get people on and off). Once, I was not fully seated, but next to my dad, as the lift started going up, I started sliding off of my seat. Finally, I was hanging by my gloved hand in my dad's, and thankfully the lift stopped. As I dangled, I fell out of my glove, and fell down. Fortunately, there was a lot of snow, so there was no injury. Luckily, I wasn't scarred from the experience.

atlantiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
YIKES!:fear:

I'm glad he's okay - my heart would be somewhere in my left boot if that happened to me!

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:doh: :laugh: Sorry. I'm glad he's okay and that he was unaffected in the least. :laugh: My ds (6) fell off a lift a couple of weekends ago with his grandpa and some friends. The adults were much worse for the wear then he was. :laugh: He only fell about 4-6 feet and now all he talks about is how 3 adults couldn't keep him on the lift. :laugh:

All in a day for mom and boys. :wink:

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That had to be gut-wrenching there for that moment. Glad to hear he's OK. First thing I thought of was that he was going to get hit by the chair. Glad the lifties were able to help out quickly. Kids are pretty resilient there - when I see a kid fall out of the chair, they more times than not are right back at it.

Skise

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There was a story in a newspaper today how a 8 yo boy had fallen off a chairlift yesterday. He was sitting between his parents who were able to grab his hands when he started falling but couldn't hold on and he fell. He was taken to a university hospital but released already the same evening. He was lucky because he fell in the soft snow, I've ridden that same lift and in many places there are hard groomed runs under it or very stony ground.

RockSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That had to be gut-wrenching there for that moment. Glad to hear he's OK. First thing I thought of was that he was going to get hit by the chair. Glad the lifties were able to help out quickly.

Yes, he nearly got hit by the chair. I should have specified that the chair in question was an old-timey double -- hence the short amount of space allotted for dismounting. All's well that end's well -- and he loves this story. I'm glad he wasn't hurt, or put off skiing.

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm glad he wasn't hurt, or put off skiing.

THAT is the most important part. :D I was terrified that ds would not get back on the lift again. :eek: Thankfully he took it all in a day's work. :thumbsup: Let's just hope that's the last time either of US have to deal with it. I'm sure it took much more days off our lives than theirs. :doh:

katski

Diva in Training
My boys were busy!

When my boys were little one of them went to slug the other right after my husband raised the bar and his momentum carried him right off the chair. :fear: He fell about 15' and thankfully was not hurt but he was a lot more careful after that and we didn't raise the bar until we were over the safety net. And then, my husband once misjudged his snowboard slide and went right through a barrier into a pond. He had to snowboard back to the condo with very cold feet. It wasn't pond skimming weather.:love:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga