• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Dry Cheeks

skigirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Dry Cheeks are designed to keep your bottom dry on the chairlift on wet days.

Dry Cheeks are made of neoprene. Dry Cheeks velcro around your waist and just above your knees. They are like wearing a half a pair of shorts, they just cover your backside.

Everytime I have worn them in rain, freezing rain, or wet snow my bottom has stayed dry. I love them. :love: We all know how fast a wet bottom :brr: can ruin a great ski day so this is a great way to keep that from happening. I don't even know I have it on when I am skiing. I also find that they are great for keeping my butt warm on the chairlift on cold nights.

I give Dry Cheeks a big Thumbs up!! :thumbsup: :yahoo:

Jilly

Staff member
If you can't get them where you live, any Ski-doo dealer has a similar item, but boldly printed with ski-doo on it. Hubby has a set from there and swears by it too. I just wear the big Descente rain poncho!

Quiver Queen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think of "fanny flaps" as when my husband passes gas! :laugh:

SnowEssie

Certified Ski Diva
Can anyone put a picture of this on the forum?
I have no clue what you all are talking about but it sounds like it looks pretty funny?
I myself have something with same objective on one of my skipants but is not a loose thing. They are actually snowboardpants and there are kind of rubbery parts on my butt (don't worry they are not the baggy kind, they are snug (is that the right word?) its kind of flattering really). :D

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Found a picture of someone wearing one here: https://www.3forksphotography.com/m...ize=fullsize&pagenum=2&id=143793&eventid=1821

I own one and some days it is invaluable, whether it's to keep your butt dry or just extra insulation. We had a lot of rime issues yesterday and I probably should have worn it, but my new Descente pants are so wonderfully waterproof I got by. If it had been colder though, it would have been a nice extra layer for the chair ride.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Awww Jeez the beaver tail. I think my Ash is calloused from years of snowboarding. I don't get cold there anymore.

skigirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks everyone for finding the pictures and links.
Just a side note about the Dry Cheeks. I wear mine over my ski pants not under them. I like to keep my ski pants dry too. I had mine on the other day when the chair seats were soaking wet on every run. At the end of the day my ski pants were still dry. I took off my dry cheeks and was able to get into the car with my ski pants still on and did not have to worry about getting the seat all wet. :thumbsup:

SnowEssie

Certified Ski Diva
Hi all,
Thanks a lot for finding the pictures.
They both look uhhh useful. It does indeed do the same thing as the extra parts on the snowboardpants I wrote about earlier. It makes indeed more sense to wear on the outside though (first picture thing/skirt can only be worn on the outside I suppose?) as skigirl said.
I am learning new things about gear almost every day here :clap: (skilocks, dry cheeks etc whats next?!)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga