• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Does your boots hurt in very warm weather?

frenchgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Today it was in the 40's. I was hot all over and my feet swelled I am sure. Anyway my toes were hurting even in the width part. My boots are 2 weeks old, so far my toes have more been numb because of the cold temperatures. I have not had my boots stretched because I kept thinking that they were going to pack a little. Due to aligment work, the bootfitter added quite a bit of shims on the sole and the sole under the liner too. I am thinking that it takes extra space. When I took the liner out, I had about the space of a highlighter(the one like that https://www.artstuff.net/major_accent_highlighters.htm). Is that too little? I guess I am not sure when to get the liners stretched, because I am afraid that it will be too big when the liners pack out.
Thoughts?

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The space of a highlighter could be either just right or too big, depending on the thickness of the liner.

If it's just your toes that need room, go ahead and get the shells stretched and the liners packed. Extra wiggle room in the toe box is never a big problem as long as the rest of the boot is correctly fitted.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga