• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Does anyone here have experience with the drug Lyrica?

sleddog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My daughter has been prescribed this drug. I know one of the side effects is somnolence, but I'm wondering if it's something that will subside when she's been on the drug for a longer time as her body gets used to it or if it's just one of those things she'll have to deal with. Right now she's kind of a zombie and even she joked that its a "personality suppressant".

beckt

Certified Ski Diva
Lyrica was a godsend for me..... I had guillan - barre ( a big deal neuropathy) last winter - a focal form affecting my shoulder and arm - I was in great pain, and also on muscle relaxers and pain meds - so I can't account for the somnolence neccessarily was caused by Lyrica (but i was pretty out of it). Needless to say - I couldn't ski at all last winter. Every now and then I will still take it to deaden the discomfort I still feel, but I don't think it makes me zombie like. It was also the last medx I was weaned off of.... but I was able to work (nursing) while taking this - and with nursing it sort of helps to not be a zombie!
Why, may I ask, is she prescribed this med?

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I believe Bonni was on Lyrica for a bit. She describes the side effects of many of the meds she's taken in detail in her thread on epic. It's a long thread though, you might want to use the search this thread function to find where she talks about Lyrica.

Seems your daughter's sense of humor is still there, with the "personality suppressant" joke :smile: Hope it works out for her.

sleddog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow, Bonni's problems are tremendous. With everything going on in her body, I don't know if she knows what drugs caused what side effects, but thanks for the link.

And yes, given the incredible pain my daughter endured in high school and how she's coping with her current relapse of CRPS, she has a wonderful (albeit warped) sense of humor. She's just hoping to finish up her senior year of college without a major problem.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna