• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Do you put lemon in your drink?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Do you use lemons in your drink at a restaurant? You may want to think twice.

Hope you have a strong stomach.

[MEDIA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeye8wnBJoU[/MEDIA]

altagirl

Staff member
EVERYTHING in a restaurant has the potential to make you sick.

If I stopped eating lemons because of germs, I'd also have to go sterilize the glass myself because it's probably covered in germs, and tell them not to put any ice in it, because I'd pretty much guarantee that's contaminated too (most don't get cleaned, and employees contaminate it anyway...)

And if the lemons are covered in germs because of the cutting board... where are we thinking the rest of the food they're serving got chopped up??

Unfortunately, I think that's just a fact of life. Unless you're meticulous and prepare everything you eat yourself, you're going to ingest a whole lot of germs.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
EVERYTHING in a restaurant has the potential to make you sick....

Yeah ... analyzing where the food is coming from and considering how many people (strangers, really) touch it before you eat it ... if you think very hard about it, you'll never eat out again. I like eating out, so I just don't think about it.

bklyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah ... analyzing where the food is coming from and considering how many people (strangers, really) touch it before you eat it ... if you think very hard about it, you'll never eat out again. I like eating out, so I just don't think about it.

Yes you guys are right. Yet I still cringe to see this video.

I remember how the NYC restaurants fought tooth and nail against the city putting the health inspections on line. Guess what? Some of the top restaurants had "vermin" of all types and other rather disgusting problems like food past expiration dates being served, food not being kept cool. Suddenly the public information was easily accessible and there were many articles about it. I think the awareness brought the level of cleanliness etc. up everywhere.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
First of all Eeeeewwwww!

Second, of all..............I stopped thinking about stuff that could freak me out a long time ago.
Could be paralyzing if you let it all soak in.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I really didn't have the stomach to even watch the video!!!! I was forewarned, I used my imagination. No lemon, I trust that it's beyond disgusting...

altagirl

Staff member
I read something similiar about a while back regarding ice machines, and it was like "check out this study and you'll never drink anything with ice cubes in it from a restaurant in it ever again!!!!!"

I mean, who's giving up ice?

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I agree with altagirl. I feel like anything we analyze would have shockingly disgusting results.

Besides, this study was conducted in New Jersey restaurants
duck.gif

atlantiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This simply confirms my theory that all ice and all lemons should be consumed with copious amounts of adult beverage! :eyebrows: Doesn't alcohol kill stuff???

alaski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I didn't even watch the video because I am a firm believer that drink garnish is disgusting! They never wash it, the bartenders have filthy hands, and I just don't want it floating in my drink. Ick.

I was a bartender in a restaurant for a while, and we had this huge jar full of cherries. We had to reach our hands into the jar of cherries to get them out, and one jar would last for months. Once when we ran out of grenadine, the other bartender wanted to just use the juice from the jar - that tons of people had been sticking their hands in for months!

lynseyf

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think when you work in any industry it really opens your eyes to levels of cleanliness. I worked in a factory when I was a student packing biscuits and it was disgusting. We didn't wear gloves, you were just supposed to wash your hands carefully but no one checked. There were lots of old women who had worked there for years and they just ate the biscuits off the line :eek: . we worked a 10 hour day and I was packing these rough ginger snap biscuits and they made my finger bleed so they gave me a plaster, which I lost at some point, my nails also all broke off during the week and I'm guessing all this ended up in with the biscuits. The air felt really greasy and my whole face broke out with really bad excema, we were getting paid less than £3/hr ( about $6) so i only stuck it for about 2 weeks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga