• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Diva Day at Tremblant

Jilly

Staff member
SkiMave and I met up this morning for a few runs and lunch. Snow and wind cut our day short. Also SkiMave got new boots yesterday and she was to see the bootfitter this PM for a check on the boots. A German tourist took this picture, its a little blurry!!

Attachments

• skidiva pic.jpg
    skidiva pic.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 39

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Nice to see two Divas getting together! Thanks for posting the pic!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know if I didn't SnowHot would let me know :useless: right??
Nah, That's too subtle.
I like it more like this!
worthless.gif

Thanks for sharing! Gotta love when we can get together!

SkiMave

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Heh Divas.

Just back from my trip to Tremblant and meeting Jilly today ! It was a great time. The snow was fantastic, and how much fun is that to meet someone new that you feel like you already know because of this site !! We had some great runs. As you can see from the pic, we were all bundled up and had some chuckles about the Divas who actually worry about wearing sun block (not an issue for us skiers in the north east).

The new equipment was fantastic - the boot fitter did a great job on my SECOND PAIR OF NEW BOOTS THIS YEAR !! I had a very bad experience and got some terrible advice from my local ski shop - they sold me a boot that turned out to be all wrong for my foot and 1.5 sizes too big !! So, once I got up to Tremblant I went in to the Salomon shop (luckily my original new boots were Salomon as well) and got fitted out really well with a new pair and some custom foot beds. The boot fitter was fantastic. Live and learn, but our local ski shop is quite reputable (normally) so I was very surprised. I'm hoping they will take back my original boots as they were not cheap and I've only skied one day in them. At the very least, I'm hoping for a full store credit for the purchase price.

Jilly - it was great to meet you and boy, did we have some great runs !! The rest of my week was great, even if the weather turned rather cold (-24 Celsius) - but that's what being Canadian is all about, eh?

Jilly

Staff member
Yah, I was thinking about you Thursday morning. It was cold enough down here by the lake, than up there!! Glad things worked out with Salomon. Now go into that other shop and "raise a little hell"!!

SkiMave

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OK. Took my ill fitting boots back to Corbetts. They gave me a full refund without any hassle whatsoever.

In the end everything turned out alright.

Jilly

Staff member
Perfect. :thumbsup:

I'm thinking about those cork foot beds. May make an appointment for next weekend. I'm taking a looooong one!!

SkiMave

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Excellent! Let me know how you make out. Are your boots still hurting you?

Jilly

Staff member
Haven't been skiing since that day. I worked at the shop last weekend. Spent Sunday tweaking them, and got to thinking that the cork footbeds might be the way to go. Mine are plastic with a light grey fabric coating. Not too warm. The boots I had on NY day were my old comfy's with only superfeet in them. We're suppose to have a Rossi demo night tomorrow, but??? Won't be too cold!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga