• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Demo Report Card

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hey Divas!

If any of you are planning to demo this year, I thought I'd let you know that I poached Ski Magazine's Demo Report Card and built it into an Excel file. It's set up to print 2 cards per page. I'd be happy to email it to anyone interested in having it. Also, if you see anything that needs carification or suggestions to make it better, Let me know!

If you're going to print it and take it to the hill with you, make sure you print it on a laser printer, not an ink jet. Otherwise, the ink will run and you won't be able to read it. :o

Later, Kris :smile:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
What a great idea, Kris! Really useful. I, for one, will keep it in mind. Thanks!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Kris I'd love to get a copy of that.

I'll pm with my email address.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Kris, this is a good idea. I hope you don't mind, I tweeked it a bit and forwarded it on to a few on Epic, possibly to be used by those giving reviews.

I think the idea is to make it easy to print on a 3x5 card and carry in your pocket.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
3x5???? I'm way to verbose for that. I'd never have enough room to write stuff down. ;)

Thanks for that, though.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
volklgirl said:
3x5???? I'm way to verbose for that. I'd never have enough room to write stuff down. ;)

Thanks for that, though.
My thought was to have it 3x5ish and fold able to that size so you don't lose the space to make notes.
How does that sound?

We'll see, I'm still thinking!

Step back, when I think this hard you never know how messy it's gonna get.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hmmmm...thinking......That's what I was smelling!!! :D :D

You go girl. Let me know what you come up with.

Lori_K

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks Volklgirl! I didn't think I'd be demo-ing this year, but I just found that Taos is doing free demos this weekend, and we're going to be there skiing anyway, and...well...who can pass up a chance to try out new skis?? :p

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OK, gals...

Take great notes, then report back with your impressions! We're all anxiously waiting. :smile:

Jilly

Staff member
Hey, that's going to fit right into my jacket. Good job!! I'll use them this weekend at Tremblant.

Lori_K

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Most of the categories I have figured out, but I have a question regarding the "Sidecut". How can I determine if the ski side cut is too much, or too little? What kinds of effects will be felt on the snow?

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Lori,

The sidecut will depend on what the ski is intended for. If it's supposed to be an All Mountain ski but will only whip off short turns, it will feel like it has too much side cut. A Carver, on the other hand, should make short turns easy, without sacrificing medium and big radius turns too much. Then again, a Powder ski might not want to make short turns at all, but it also shouldn't feel like an out-of-control freight train, either. :eek: .

It sounds weird, but you'll just know when you feel it. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga