• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Deer Valley announces massive expansion

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
From Peakrankings.com:

Deer Valley Announces Huge Mayflower Terrain Expansion, More Than Doubling Its Size

Earlier today, Utah’s Deer Valley announced what will probably be the biggest terrain expansion of the decade. This ski-only resort—snowboarders aren’t allowed—says it will be adding over 3,700 acres of new skiable terrain, allowing it to nearly triple in size to 5,726 acres—and making it, by our calculations, the fourth largest ski resort in North America.

In addition to a brand new base village and access portal, the terrain expansion will include an astounding 16 new lifts, including a 10-passenger gondola, and 135 new runs. Deer Valley says the new terrain will include “numerous” bowls, glades, and four new mountain peaks.

Deer Valley says this expansion is possible thanks to a partnership with Extell Development Company, which had previously been developing this terrain as part of what was intended to be an independent Mayflower Mountain Resort. However, it seems that the two have partnered to open this terrain as part of Deer Valley itself.

This monumental expansion is marked to open in phases, with the first new 2,900 acres and 9 lifts on track to open for the 2025-26 season. A completion date for the full build has not been announced yet.

The full suite of changes can be found here.

deervalleyexpansionterrainmap.png

Amie H

Angel Diva
Whoa! That is HUGE.

As if traffic in the area wasn't already bad...oof.

They limit skiers per day, I'm assuming this expansion will increase that limit.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Whoa! That is HUGE.

As if traffic in the area wasn't already bad...oof.

They limit skiers per day, I'm assuming this expansion will increase that limit.

I've actually read that this may help traffic, because it provides a base area that doesn't require driving into Park City. I don't know the area well enough to know if that feels true or not but looking at maps it seems to make sense.

Amie H

Angel Diva
I've actually read that this may help traffic, because it provides a base area that doesn't require driving into Park City. I don't know the area well enough to know if that feels true or not but looking at maps it seems to make sense.
That does make sense but the overall traffic from SLC will still go up, I'd imagine? Well...maybe if some of the transit options (LCC gondola included) that are being proposed for the region go through, that could help more, as well.

gr8outdoors

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This new base area is in the Heber City area that is near the Jordanelle Reservoir. We have rented a condo in that area a few times.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga