• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

conditions and crowds at Stowe in March?

khill84

Certified Ski Diva
I'm supposed to go up to Stowe the week of March 20th and am wondering how the conditions tend to be that time of year and how crowded it gets vs. say the first or second week of March. The resort website has some average stats from the last five years and that week looks to be ok, but I'm wondering if anyone has been up there that time of year and can shed some light here even though of course, conditions are tough to predict year to year :smile: Thanks!!

HotChocolate

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I may be heading up that Friday also, I've never been there before so I'll be watching this post as well.

khill84

Certified Ski Diva
Oh nice! Yeah I've never been there either, so I'm really excited :smile: I used to ski Killington a lot, but have heard great things about Stowe, so now I'm just praying that the conditions hold up and that the spring breakers don't crowd the slopes too much, haha. Have an awesome time if you end up going!!

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Join my snow dance today.

I often ski Smuggler's Notch (which is just a few miles away) in late March and conditions are typically great at both mountains as long as there isn't a big rain event in mid-March. It can get crowded on weekends with UVM college students riding and skiing a bit out of control, but not until later in the morning when they sleep off their hangovers and I don't think that's college break time so you should be ok.

Stowe is a great mountain, you'll love it.

khill84

Certified Ski Diva
Oh great to hear! Yeah my roommate was raving about Smuggler's Notch, so since I'll be up there for 4 or 5 days of skiing, I think we'll try it over there too! so pumped :smile:

HotChocolate

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
FYI It's skier appreciation week so there are lift and lodging deals available.

Jilly

Staff member
March 20th, is the end of the Ontario school break. So there may be a few Canadians over there. Stowe does alot of promo work at the Toronto Ski Show. But they should be heading back on Saturday.

skibumwannabe

Certified Ski Diva
I am Canadian and yes we went to Stowe last March for 5 days of great skiing during school break. They had had lots of snow before we arrived so lots of work skiing the deep snow that was getting heavy. Ski the Spruce Peak side early in the day in the morning sun - it will get soft before lunch then move to Perry Merrill mid section. Challenging runs especially Chin Clip for the giant mogul lovers with no escape!
Later move to the west side which is in the shade all morning (can get icy over night but softens up in the afternoon). We enjoyed the charm of this town and will return again.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga