• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Cold wrists?

zoomchick

Certified Ski Diva
This may have been covered already....I'm new, sorry if it has.

My gear sometimes leaves my wrists bearing the brunt of the wind and cold. When my gloves or sleeves are fighting each other, I wear sweatbands. They have completely kept my wrists warm and even powder free.

Hope this helps someone out there.

cyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Good idea. If I'm not careful getting dressed, I end up with a gap between my glove and my jacket cuff. This might be the answer!

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Also look for baselayers with thumbholes in the sleeves (down by the wrist). The kids used to use these fleece things called Wristies, which you could even make yourself out of an old sock. Just a tube with a thumbhole cut out.

https://www.wristies.com/

10AS-2.jpg

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
DIY Wristies

If you have access to a sewing machine, sew a tube of out of fleece.

Cut a hole where your thumb is.

Fleece doesn't ravel or fray. You don't have to finish the seam or the cut edges.

drjoyous

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
wow. tube socks with holes. who woulda thought it???
YOU WOMEN ARE GENIUSES!!!
Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Gloves with gauntlets that go over your jackets sleeves (or under?) All of my gloves/mittens have some sort of gauntlet and I never have problems with cold coming in.

altagirl

Staff member
Gloves with gauntlets that go over your jackets sleeves (or under?) All of my gloves/mittens have some sort of gauntlet and I never have problems with cold coming in.

Same here - the #1 thing I look for in golves/mittens is a long gauntlet that goes at least 1/3-1/2 of the way up my forearm. Nothing else is as effective at keeping the wind and snow out.

drjoyous

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
thanks to your inventiveness and creativity, i dug out some leg warmers (remember "flashdance"?) that i had never worn and added some elastic to slip between by 2nd and 3rd fingers and, voila!! I have some very cute, very warm, pink and grey striped arm thingies to fit under my gloves and coat and catch that breeze that sometimes slips in..!
thanks for the tip!

LilaBear

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I get this a little bit because of bulky cuffs and tight glove/mitten openings. However, I nearly always wear liner gloves and put them on before my jacket. That cuts out the draft when I don't have snug cuffs.

I wear the liners even when it's quite hot, a thinner cotton pair soak up the sweat so I don't get cold clammy hands after a break, and it saves me laundering the outer gloves quite as often.

I like the tip on the socks or tubes - I'll keep this in mind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga