• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

CO / UT . . . a little adventure??

PowderKat

Certified Ski Diva
Hiya Divas,

I'm heading out west 2-3 times this year, and was looking for a little advice. In the past I've gone to CO (Summit County) and UT (Snowbird, Alta, Solitude). Fabulous times all around. . . you western divas are v. lucky!!!

I'd like to add a little adventure this year, maybe some cat-skiing or a heli-ski day in these states or elsewhere. Have any suggestions for where to go, what outfits offer these services and how to get the most out of it?

Thanks!!

Snowflower

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Although I've never skied with them I've heard really good things about Monarch Snow Cats They're also pretty reasonably priced compared to some of the other cat operations. Monarch is about 2 hrs south of the Summit County resorts so definitely do-able as a day trip if you are staying in Summit County.

PowderKat

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks for the options. I'll check out the web pages and see what we can fit in. . . To the timing and the budget!

Greeley

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My vote is for Steamboat Powder Cats. A little more $$ than some but also won't let you get in over your head.

PowderKat

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks again!

I checked out Monarch and they are already very booked--I was hoping for a late January trip. They do have availability going into Feb and March . . . if anyone else is interested you may want to take a look now.

PowderKat

Certified Ski Diva
Reservations Made!!!! :bounce:

Heading out to Summit County at end of month. It looks like Ski Cooper could end up being a good option us on one of the days--so again, many thanks for the idea. Now all we need is some more of that white stuff. . . . :snow:

(have i mentioned i love emoticons?)

Snowflower

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm just back from a hut trip in the area of Ski Cooper. While we haven't had much snow lately we still managed to find really good backcountry conditions so the cat at Cooper might be a really good option.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga