• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Chile 2011---on my bucket list

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So I have an August birthdaycoming up and every year my family says, "what do you want for your birthday" and every year I say "ski Chile".

One of my professional colleagues heard about this and says, "why didn't you tell me, my best friend runs Santiago Adventures with a private resort with cat skiing and gourmet food. Get some folks together (he'll take one to 50) and he'll take care of you".

So, next year, I'm doing this, August 2011. I'm sure there are Divas out there who will join me (as my family just doesn't seem interested in flying/paying for skiing in August).

www.santiagoadventures.com

I told him to tell his friend when he goes down there in November that I'm coming in 2011 and may be bringing some divas.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I can't think of a better way to spend an August birthday!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I know a couple of people who have done the cat skiing at Arpa and really enjoyed it.

When would you have to make a reservation in order to be insured of getting the dates you want in August?

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know a couple of people who have done the cat skiing at Arpa and really enjoyed it.

When would you have to make a reservation in order to be insured of getting the dates you want in August?

I'll have my friend find out when he visits Chile in Nov. about how far in advance to book, the ideal number in the party for cat skiing, etc. and of course, a lot depends on cost. But what a blast, heh?

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, man, I passed on a trip to Chile this August (bad timing, more expensive than I'd hoped) and I'm still kicking myself. I can't wait to hear what kind of quote you get for this. I really, really want to ski Chile.

wahineskisk2

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I would love to go! Please keep me posted on the details. I was trying to go this year - in August- too, but couldn't find anyone to go with me. Oh well, they are having a terrible year in South America. I just checked the Valle Nevado weather 56 fahrenheit. They only have a 23 inch base at the top right now, and that's gotta be melting fast...
Although, if anyone does want to go this year check out Holidaze Ski Tours. They have some all inclusive rates, some with airfare.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When I found out this connection between a close colleague and his best childhood friend (who runs the guided tours), I got excited. And immediately thought that a diva group would be a perfect format at a private ski resort with good food and a friendly guide!

Most def will keep this on my radar screen and will post as I discover the whats/whens/hows/how much/etc. etc. etc.

With 2011 summer as the target date.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So I have an August birthdaycoming up and every year my family says, "what do you want for your birthday" and every year I say "ski Chile".

One of my professional colleagues heard about this and says, "why didn't you tell me, my best friend runs Santiago Adventures with a private resort with cat skiing and gourmet food. Get some folks together (he'll take one to 50) and he'll take care of you".

So, next year, I'm doing this, August 2011. I'm sure there are Divas out there who will join me (as my family just doesn't seem interested in flying/paying for skiing in August).

www.santiagoadventures.com

I told him to tell his friend when he goes down there in November that I'm coming in 2011 and may be bringing some divas.

Oh, man, I passed on a trip to Chile this August (bad timing, more expensive than I'd hoped) and I'm still kicking myself. I can't wait to hear what kind of quote you get for this. I really, really want to ski Chile.
On my bucket list too.
I have a similar story as Rachel and passed up a chance, but I'm most definitely trying to put my mind and finances in a place to be able to do it by next summer.

LilaBear

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Skiing South America is on my Bucket list too. I'll keep this on my Radar too, going there with Divas would just add to the experience.

On another note, I'll be in Santiago in December this year and hoping to visit some of the places that are advertised on the website you posted, so I've added it to my favourites for future reference.

cwmscm

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Would love to but it is not likely to happen. My family believes that summer is for enjoying summer not for enjoying winter sports. I think there is no reason that skiing should not be summer sport too. Hope it works out for others.

abc

Banned
My family believes that summer is for enjoying summer not for enjoying winter sports. I think there is no reason that skiing should not be summer sport too.
Sheesh! Some people just don't get it, do they? (lol)
No. Just like people never "get it" when they see kayakers pushing over ice on the shore to launch into zero degree water in mid-Feburay!!! :wink:

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Divas in Chile 2011

DIVA ALERT:

I will meet with the owner/operator of Santiago Adventures when he visits SLC in January!

He knows that I had some interest in organizing a small ski trip to Chile

His ski products here:

https://www.santiagoadventures.com/Ski_Chile/Ski_Chile_Summary.htm.

"We are essentially the largest ground operator in Santiago focused on Skiing, Biking and Wine tours. Part of our operation includes managing South America’s only cat ski resort www.skiarpa.com".

Just keeping this alive-----will keep you all posted.

Enjoy the snow----and start thinking about summer plans.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Skiing South America is on my Bucket list too. I'll keep this on my Radar too, going there with Divas would just add to the experience.

On another note, I'll be in Santiago in December this year and hoping to visit some of the places that are advertised on the website you posted, so I've added it to my favourites for future reference.

LB, let me know if you will be in the area and I'll see if Brian can meet up with you as a scout for a future DIVA gathering? It seems like a most amazing area from mountain to sea.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a meeting with the owner of SANTIAGOADVENTURES.COM the week of the Outdoor Retailer Winter Show in a couple of weeks.

https://www.santiagoadventures.com/Ski_Chile/Ski_Chile_Summary.htm

I will find out:

open/best dates for summer 2011
minimum number of Divas for a group tour
price ranges

He will also go up to Jackson Hole for some business development meetings and eat at the Rusty Parrot and meet DS the Chef.

My colleague spent 10 days down in Santiago exploring the area with his friend, the owner of santiagoadventures---and had a fabulous time.

STAY TUNED.

LilaBear

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
LB, let me know if you will be in the area and I'll see if Brian can meet up with you as a scout for a future DIVA gathering? It seems like a most amazing area from mountain to sea.

I missed this! Drat. Chile was amazing and I would be back in a shot. I didn't get to travel as extensively as I would have liked, the distances are huge! That only means that there are places left for me to go to next time. To ski there would be fantastic, would love to hear your updates, but unless something incredible happens I think that I have exhausted my budget for this year.

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
I just checked the site. I am very interested. I'll have August pretty much off and am flexible.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna