• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Check Lands End outerwear

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Just got an e-mail from them this a.m. - there are some very nice deals, especially fleece stuff, at good prices. (Women's half-zip fleece pullover, $16.99, among many others) Lands' End also has the stellar guarantee that LL Bean offers: return any time for any reason.

I wear their Marinac jacket as my super-cold weather mid-layer. It's basically a soft shell. Iron clad - not the world's most stylish, but for $39.99.....mine is 4 years old and looks great after many washings. Breathes great, too. Highly recommend.

Lands' End runs fairly true to size, a bit smaller than Bean (which runs large). Check their measurements chart, it's accurate.

Solincia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My niece is decked out in Land's End. Her ski bibs <blue>, gloves, and coat are all from there.

They've always had a nice variety of quality clothing and outdoor wear. A bit less rustic than LLBean can be, but definately always good "basics"... I like classic styling, and you can always find that with either of those two companies.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
FYI, these deals are in the "Overstocks" section. I'm getting some thermaskin pants for DH. What is it w/men and undergarments? They wear them until they self-destruct. (I sense I am quoting something from "Seinfeld" here---but hey, it's totally true!!)

Solincia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
FYI, these deals are in the "Overstocks" section. I'm getting some thermaskin pants for DH. What is it w/men and undergarments? They wear them until they self-destruct. (I sense I am quoting something from "Seinfeld" here---but hey, it's totally true!!)

It is totally true! I think they feel like they have to complete dislodge from the wasteband before they'll toss them out! If it's just one section hanging free... well, that's okay by them! :laugh:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Okay, just ordered the pants for DH and some snow boots for myself - they have cute ones, and I basically only wear this type when I'm snowblowing anyway - prefer Merrell mocs when I go skiing, easier to store and on/off. But, yeah, men and undergarments :rolleyes: - his thermals aren't going to make it through another wash.

Solincia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm currently shopping all of the overstocks... hehe... I think I'm up to $200 so far... there are some really good deals! Thanks for the heads up!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
^^^^ oops :redface: :doh: -- But, hey, you might as well get some deals?? Their stuff is bullet-proof and guaranteed forever, if not "high fashion." Tell 'em MSL sent ya! :smile: Main HQ was about 40 mi from where I lived for 26 years.

Solincia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
^^^^ oops :redface: :doh: -- But, hey, you might as well get some deals?? Their stuff is bullet-proof and guaranteed forever, if not "high fashion." Tell 'em MSL sent ya! :smile: Main HQ was about 40 mi from where I lived for 26 years.

I'm not looking for high fashion, I can get that anywhere around here. I always like to stock up on casual classics and such, and I like tshirts that dont stretch out funny in the wash, or casual pants that don't get deformed and pill after a washing, you know?

I can never pass up a good bargain... Did you see those argyle cashmere gloves??.... yeah... "add to cart".... hehe

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Didn't look at the gloves - I desperately try (and sometimes succeed) to only see what we need??? Doesn't always work. Was mostly shopping for DH, as I know I can put the stuff away til next season, and if for some reason it doesn't work, it can still go back to the merchant, no questions asked.

Solincia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The gloves are cute, and I have a thing for argyle!

I really should be doing more at 9am than shopping on the computer...it's too easy!

I'll be hitting up the men's section next!

Honestly, it's better than going from store to store and combing through the sale racks.. shopping can be so tiring in stores!

And we all like to get a new package from UPS once in awhile! :D

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Have fun! I agree, this is a great way to shop. And where I live, it's practically the only option. Nearest "big" (big is a relative term, you realize) cities are 40 miles in 2 different directions. The nearest real mall is 80 miles!!! I don't think I've been there since last fall.

Solincia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Consider yourself lucky! I live within 25 minutes of 5 malls, within 1hr of 10 malls, and every suburb looks the same! I'm so glad to live in the city!!

Sometimes I wonder if that's all people do is shop!! My city fought hard to keep a "outdoor-mall-style-city-area" out of our city. The mayor was all for it, blighted the entire west end of town...and was going to take their properties by eminent doman and pay people less than what their properties were worth.
My city is very unique... it's called the city of homes. Grid city set-up, more homes than you can count all at least 80-150 years old, charm, character, and mostly local businesses or if it's corporate it's contained and small ... Yet its right next to Cleveland and only 5 square miles.

Yeah... the vote turned down the mall idea, and the mayor lost in the next election. Ha ha!

I'm not against malls, but what's the point of a car for pete's sake if they're everywhere!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna