• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Camps/Clinics for advanced skiers?

Sallydog

Diva in Training
Hi, newbie to this forum. I saw a post about the Palisades women's clinic which I'd never heard of (sold out this year, but it's on my calendar for next year). Any other women's adv camps or clinics you recommend? If I could name it, I'd like a 1, 2 or 3-day powder clinic but I'd like to hear of all that are out there. TIA.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Hi, newbie to this forum. I saw a post about the Palisades women's clinic which I'd never heard of (sold out this year, but it's on my calendar for next year). Any other women's adv camps or clinics you recommend? If I could name it, I'd like a 1, 2 or 3-day powder clinic but I'd like to hear of all that are out there. TIA.
Welcome!

The info the the thread about Taos Ski Weeks from last season is still relevant for 2023-24 as far as I know. I'm not going to Taos this season but there are several Divas who will be there in February and March.

Regular Taos Ski Weeks happen from mid-Dec to late March, perhaps early April too. The Women's Ski Week is scheduled for one particular week. That will start Feb. 25, 2024 for this season.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi there. Jackson Hole has a January and a March 4 day women specific clinic. The January one that just took place had 58 ladies in it! I am not sure what level you are, but it caters to intermediates through experts.

Short of booking a heli trip with a coach such as the ones offered by Jessica Baker at skidivas.com the powder part is up to the fickle moods of the weather gods.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Sallydog - You might want to get on the waitlist for Palisades so that you are on their email list for when the camp opens next year (assuming you're talking about the Women of Winter). It seems to be selling out earlier and earlier each year. I've done it 2x - in 2016 and 2019, and it's a great, well-run program. Another regular camp in the Tahoe area is hosted by NASTC (https://www.skinastc.com/calendar-2023-24/)

teppaz

Angel Diva
Alta Lodge has women's camps. I haven't done one but have been around when one was happening. Everyone I've talked to who's done one was very happy with the experience. @Bookworm did an early season camp. I think @teppaz did one.
Indeed. It was a lot of fun but for me it was a one-time-only thing as it's very costly (admittedly the price is all-inclusive).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna