• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Calling Jilly & SkiBam

eclaire

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi ladies,

Our trip to Mont Tremblant over the US Thanksgiving has been booked and I'm super excited! I've wanted to visit Tremblant for years and we're also celebrating our anniversary (belatedly) that weekend.

We hope to ski on Saturday all day (and possibly Friday afternoon and/or Sunday morning if the conditions are good) and I'm trying to decide if it's worth buying tickets on Liftopia now. They're selling full day tickets at $60 each, which is $20 off the walk-up price. Mr Eclaire isn't a fanatic like I am so if there's minimal snow then we may not brave the WROD and I'm out $120. I know you don't have a crystal ball, but I'm wondering what your thoughts are about the snow at that time of the year. How is the snow making if there's not a lot of natural? Do you recall what the last couple of Novembers were like? My gut says that it's worth it to buy in advance but on the other hand it's not a discount if we don't ski! WWYD?

We're really looking forward to this quick break and I hope to be able to meet up with you both for a few runs!

Thanks,
Ellen

segacs

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm not @SkiBam or @Jilly , but here are my $0.02. I'm sure those ladies will give more advice once they log on.

For what it's worth, Tremblant works very hard to make sure that they're open and have decent conditions for US Thanksgiving. It's a big moneymaking weekend for them, so they do everything in their power to make it work. November can be pretty variable and natural snow is unlikely. The rest of the Laurentians probably won't have much snow and won't be open / worth skiing at. But Tremblant should be at least decently skiable.

Having said that, there usually isn't a lot of terrain open at that point. It may be marginally better than WROD, but nothing's guaranteed. It depends how cold it is in November. So far this year, October's been unseasonably cold, so if that continues, it'll be good for Tremblant's snowmaking. But those crystal balls, you know how they are.

Tremblat's Latitude Card deal is back this year, I believe. Tickets are $55 CDN +tx for a minimum of 2 days of skiing, if purchased by November 19th. That might be a decent alternative to the Liftopia deal that allows you to wait a little closer to the date to see what conditions are like:

https://www.tremblant.ca/en/ski-and...-passes/tickets-and-offers/latitude-card.aspx

segacs

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@segacs, Thank you. The Latitude Card seems like a great option. I appreciate your feedback!

Just remember that to compare apples to oranges on pricing, the Latitude tickets once you add in tax (5% GST, 9.5% PST and 3% resort tax) come to just over $65 CDN. Luckily for you, the exchange rate is in your favour right now, so that works out to about $50 USD.

Hope that helps!

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Tremblant says they are installing, or have installed, new snowmaking equipment on the Versant Soleil, which is supposed to let them blow snow at higher temps than before. They also hope to have top to bottom on both the South and North sides ready for opening day (Nov. 20). So, cold enough weather will be the determining factor.

alison wong

Angel Diva
Definitely I would go for the latitude card. 3 reasons: 1) cheaper than liftopia (with liftopia you sort of stuck w/ the dates you are purchasing); 2) the Latitude card can be used on non-consecutive days, so you have more flexibility (but can't be transferred to someone else); 3) it can be cancelled and get a full refund (I purchased the Latitude card for 2-day lift ticket then decided to cancel my trip to MT. I called them and they issued me a full refund). The current promotion will end on 11/19. Also, they have lodging special going on right now, it will end on Oct. 31st. Visit their website for more info. and purchase the latitude card.

Jilly

Staff member
Also Costco online has tickets as an alternate to Liftopia.

Now where are you staying, because some hotels/condo's have deals with the mountain for lifts. If not as already stated the Latitude card is good for all season too. The $$ now is the deal.

eclaire

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for the replies! I have a lot of Starwood points to burn so we're staying at the Weston. I doubt they will have a lift ticket deal but I'll ask. I'll definitely check out the Latitude card and Costco. Snow or not, can't wait to get away and visit Tremblant!

Jilly

Staff member
The Westin is right in the middle of the resort. So they should have a deal. Booking on points might be the problem, but call direct and ask.

Snow and cooler temps expected after next weekend. I'm keeping an eye on things as I want to ski opening weekend on the 21st.

Jilly

Staff member
Well opening day had been pushed back to Thursday the 26th. I'll be up that weekend to get some skiing in before convention the following Wed.

Jilly

Staff member
We'll have to look into that for the dinner on Thursday, get a table. Not sure if Mr. Lizzy is coming this year yet.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga